Kuhn Rikon Smart Lid with Auto-Release Valve
When set to automatic, steam builds up under the lid until it pushes the valve open, releasing excess moisture and ensuring crispy-skinned, yet moist fried chicken, mouth-watering pork chops and more. With the valve locked closed, the Smart Lid seals in moisture—great for rice dishes, perfectly poached salmon, stewed and braised meats, or steamed veggies.
Thanks to the unique stepped silicone gasket, the Smart Lid forms a tight seal on almost any pot, making it an excellent alternative to a drawer full of bulky and hard-to-store lids. The clear glass center makes it simple to keep an eye on cooking foods, and the Smart Lid is dishwasher safe for hassle-free cleanup.
- Dual-function valve can be opened to release steam automatically or closed to seal in moisture
- Stepped silicone gasket forms a tight seal on pans from 9" to slightly over 11" in diameter
- Flower-shaped knob provides a secure, slip-free grip when placing or removing the lid
- Tempered-glass center allows cooks to monitor foods as they cook
- Manufacturer: Kuhn Rikon
- Material: Tempered glass, silicone, plastic
- Care: Dishwasher safe
- Important Safety Notice: When cooking on a gas stove do not allow the flame to extend beyond the base of the pan. Take special care when the lip of the Smart Lid projects beyond smaller-diameter pan edges. Never leave a pot sealed with a Smart Lid unattended while cooking on a gas stove
- Dimensions: 12¼" diameter
- Made in China
Have had the lid for less than a month and have already used it several times on several different pans. Worked like a charm each time.
So glad that Kuhn Rikon can up with such a handy item, and and very happy with the 2-for-1 offer from Sur La Table! Fast shipping, too.
1 year ago
5 months ago
Glass lid is good to look through the inside without open it.
1 year ago
Questions & Answers
Can this product go from stovetop straight into the oven without damage?
We have used this lid a couple of times, since it arrived this month, and it works great!
if so to what temperature?