Krups® Juice Extractor
- Manufacturer: Krups
- Model: ZY501D50
- Material: Plastic, metal, stainless steel
- Care: Wipe unit clean. Removable components are dishwasher safe
- Dimensions: 14¼" x 11¼" x 18½"
- Capacity: 2.2 L (pulp container)
- Warranty: 2-year warranty
- Made in China
- Extra-wide feed tube (3" diameter) allows for easier juicing and requires less prep work
- High and low speeds and a pre-programmed speed setting allow you to control juice extraction; controls are backlit and easy to read
- Stainless-steel basket features micro-mesh pores that allow juice to pass through but capture pulp
- Safety locking mechanism prevents juicer from operating unless components are assembled correctly
- Extra-large pulp container holds pulp from multiple fruits and vegetables, so fewer cleanings are necessary
- Automatic power cutoff
The story began in a forge in the town of Wald, near Solingen, in North Rhine-Westphalia. The owner, Josua Kortz, had several friends working for him, including his nephew, Robert Krups. The latter’s son, also called Robert, will turn the forge into an industrial company.
For nearly 110 years, the family business devoted itself exclusively to the manufacture of scales (needle scales and platform scales) under the brand name “Krups Ideal.” They distinguished themselves as makers of only top-quality appliances for private customers and the retail trade.
In 1956, Krups launched the first electric coffee grinders. As proof of the consumer’s appetite for these new appliances, Krups sold 1 million of these grinders in their first year of manufacture. The success of this venture forged a broader path for Krups, one on which they would prove to be trailblazers. Clearly the world was eager for exceptional and smart kitchen products that made life easier, and Krups would dedicate themselves to the business to providing smart and helpful solutions.
With the creation of their famous “3-Mix” mixer and the ONKO coffee makers, Krups products became synonymous with all things practical and ingenious. These revolutionary appliances and others that soon followed took Krups’ homeland, Germany, by storm and became the perfect symbol for the modern kitchen.
With the introduction of the electric motor, Krups became Germany’s pioneer in electrical household appliances. By making full use of their expertise in design and manufacturing, Krups created state-of-the-art devices that quickly became kitchen essentials.
Krups became a leader in the art of coffee machine technology from the moment they launched their first espresso machine. Responding to the public’s passion for coffee, Krups extended its range of machines, including steam machines, electronically programmable models and combination espresso/coffee machines.
More than 165 years later, Krups employs more than 3000 people globally and is one of the leading manufacturers of small kitchen appliances in the world.