Krups® Black Precision Coffee Machine
The Precision Coffee Machine features intuitive controls, a bright, easy-to-read display and a programmable clock that lets you set a daily start time—great for hectic mornings and perfect for the busy coffee lover.
- Manufacturer: Krups
- Model: KM611850
- Includes: Coffee machine, glass carafe
- Material: Plastic, metal, glass, stainless steel
- Care: Wipe unit clean. Carafe is dishwasher safe
- Dimensions: 10.6" x 9.6" x 13.4"
- Capacity: 60 oz. (12 cups)
- Warranty: 2-year warranty
- Made in China
- Wide shower head for complete ground coverage and infusion
- Tilted, easy-access control panel and bright LCD screen
- Adjustable aroma selector allows you to adjust brew intensity or amount
- DuoFilter water filtration system keeps coffee tasting fresh and helps prevent lime scale buildup
- Water detection system shuts the unit off automatically when the reservoir empty
- Programmable start time, auto-off and dual auto-on presets
- Shuts off automatically when water reservoir is empty
The story began in a forge in the town of Wald, near Solingen, in North Rhine-Westphalia. The owner, Josua Kortz, had several friends working for him, including his nephew, Robert Krups. The latter’s son, also called Robert, will turn the forge into an industrial company.
For nearly 110 years, the family business devoted itself exclusively to the manufacture of scales (needle scales and platform scales) under the brand name “Krups Ideal.” They distinguished themselves as makers of only top-quality appliances for private customers and the retail trade.
In 1956, Krups launched the first electric coffee grinders. As proof of the consumer’s appetite for these new appliances, Krups sold 1 million of these grinders in their first year of manufacture. The success of this venture forged a broader path for Krups, one on which they would prove to be trailblazers. Clearly the world was eager for exceptional and smart kitchen products that made life easier, and Krups would dedicate themselves to the business to providing smart and helpful solutions.
With the creation of their famous “3-Mix” mixer and the ONKO coffee makers, Krups products became synonymous with all things practical and ingenious. These revolutionary appliances and others that soon followed took Krups’ homeland, Germany, by storm and became the perfect symbol for the modern kitchen.
With the introduction of the electric motor, Krups became Germany’s pioneer in electrical household appliances. By making full use of their expertise in design and manufacturing, Krups created state-of-the-art devices that quickly became kitchen essentials.
Krups became a leader in the art of coffee machine technology from the moment they launched their first espresso machine. Responding to the public’s passion for coffee, Krups extended its range of machines, including steam machines, electronically programmable models and combination espresso/coffee machines.
More than 165 years later, Krups employs more than 3000 people globally and is one of the leading manufacturers of small kitchen appliances in the world.