Wüsthof Classic Serrated Paring Knife, 3½"
- Manufacturer: Wüsthof
- Material: High-carbon stainless steel, polymer
- Care: Hand wash only
- Dimensions: 3½"
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in Germany
- Each Wüsthof Classic knife is precision-forged from a single piece of high-carbon stainless steel
- Ergonomic handles feature full-tang construction for added durability and are triple riveted for strength and control
- Full bolster protects fingers and helps balance the blade
- Laser-cut blade is razor-sharp right out of the box and stays sharp through years of frequent use
Questions & Answers
"While most of the blades from Zwilling and Wusthof look fairly similar to each other there are some important differences. The first is in the hardness of the steel. Zwilling has a hardness rating of 56-57 Rockwell. Wusthof is rated at 58 Rockwell. The higher the number the harder the steel. So, Wusthof is likely to hold its sharpness longer, while Zwilling knives will be a little easier to sharpen.
The other significant difference is the angle to which the blade is sharpened. Zwilling sharpens their knives to a 40 degree angle. Wusthof sharpens its knives to a narrower 32 degree angle using a new technology, called PEtec. Consequently, Wusthof knives have a sharper edge, similar to Japanese knives."