Shun Classic Western Chef’s Knife, 8"
Combining the best of two knife-making traditions, this knife features a blade thicker than those found on most Japanese cutlery and a 22-degree edge suitable for heavy-duty cutting tasks. Shun Classic’s tasteful, contemporary design features a beautiful Damascus-clad blade and a D-shaped pakkawood handle.
- Shun Classic knives feature a core of proprietary VG-MAX super steel clad on both sides with 34 layers of Damascus stainless steel.
- Steel core is tempered to a Rockwell hardness of 60–61 for incredible edge retention and durability
- Cutting edge is ground to a 22° angle suitable for cleaving, cutting through poultry bones, chopping through thick rinds and more
- Takes and keeps an ultra-sharp edge without the need for excessive resharpening
- D-shaped pakkawood handle sits comfortably in the hand and resists moisture
- NSF-certified, meeting the high-level standards of commercial kitchens
- Manufacturer: Shun
- Material: High-carbon stainless steel, pakkawood
- Care: Hand wash only
- Dimensions: 8" blade
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
- Spend $500 on Shun cutlery and receive a $50 Sur La Table gift card by mail.