Shun Classic 2-Piece Knife Set
Shun Classic knives feature a core of proprietary VG-MAX super steel clad on both sides with 34 layers of Damascus stainless steel. The woodgrain pattern of the steel allows the blade to slide easily through food. The result is a knife that’s sharp, durable and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
- Shun Classic knives are tempered to a Rockwell hardness of 61 for incredible durability and edge retention
- Edge is ground to a double-beveled 16° angle for an ultra-sharp edge that glides through meats, vegetables and more
- D-shaped ebony pakkawood handle is comfortable to hold and perfectly balanced for precise control and reduced fatigue during repetitive cutting tasks
- Manufacturer: Shun
- Includes: 6" chef’s knife, 3½" paring knife
- Material: VG-Max cutting core steel, high-carbon stainless steel, pakkawood
- Care: Hand wash only
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
I recently received this set as a gift, and initially was not that interested in using the smaller blades. Over time, I started to get acclimated to the excellent balance and easy weight of the 6� chef knife paired with the build quality you expect from a Shun. I now find it more useful than an 8� chef knife at home, and it feels great in the hand.
Never thought I would be at a place in my life where a 6� could supersedes my bigger blades. (I am not ready to make that call yet, but the fact that I am even in deliberation is enough make me to be sold)
The paring knife is super sharp - a lot sharper than some German counterparts which I will not name� I can achieve great cuts especially with cutting out citrus segments.
When I am preparing gnocchis, I have diverted from busting thru with normal potato peeler and opt to use the pairing knife. Seems like it has taken menial and annoying tasks - the ones at the bottom of my prep list - and makes me look forward to them.
As is par for the course, these knife demand special care. Dry immediately after use & sharpen accordingly� things you shouldn�t mind doing if you want a high-end experience. Its like putting premium gasoline into your sports car, only it doesn�t cost more money
Questions & Answers
Can you get this set for left handed people? Thanks!