Mastering the Art of French Cooking: The 40th-Anniversary Edition, Volume One by Julia Child
For over 40 years this book has been teaching aspiring chefs of all levels how to reproduce the savory delights of this classic cuisine. This book is different in its approach because it leads the cook from buying and handling raw ingredients, through each essential step of a recipe, to the final creation of a delicate confection.
It breaks down French cuisine into a manageable sequence of the themes and variations forming the backbone of French cookery and lending themselves to an infinite number of elaborations.
It even shows you how to buy products here in the U.S. that match the flavors and textures of their French counterparts, and includes proper wine pairings. No kitchen library is complete without this masterwork.
Also available, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume Two and Julia and Jacques Cooking at Home on DVD.
- Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf
- Pages: 684
- Material: Hardcover
- This masterwork is perfect for chefs of all levels.
- Easy-to-understand instructions lead you from buying and handling raw ingredients all the way to the finished meal.
- Learn the essential themes and variations that form the basis of French cooking and allow you an infinite number of elaborations.
- Teaches how to find American products that match their French counterparts‘ flavors and textures perfectly.
- Includes suggestions for wine pairings.
Questions & Answers