Bob Kramer Essential Collection Chef’s Knives by Zwilling J.A. Henckels
Designed by master bladesmith Bob Kramer, the Essential Collection features the quality and performance of Kramer knives in a package that’s easily accessible to home cooks.
Each knife has been optimized for kitchen use thanks to a wide blade for increased knuckle clearance, a rounded spine for added comfort, and a triple-riveted handle for secure, easy cutting.
Each knife draws on Seki City, Japan’s wealth of knife-making experience and undergoes a rigorous 42-day manufacturing process that involves 45 expert artisans and 100 distinct steps. As a finishing touch, each knife receives a central mosaic pin handcrafted in Bob Kramer’s personal studio. Built to withstand the pressures of everyday use in busy kitchens, this is one knife that will be with you for years to come.
- Manufacturer: Zwilling J.A. Henckels
- Material: High-carbon stainless steel, polymer (POM)
- Care: Hand wash only
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
- Designed by ABS-certified Master Bladesmith Bob Kramer, the first Master Bladesmith to specialize in kitchen cutlery, the Essential Collection offers our best value ever on a line of Kramer knives
- Constructed from revolutionary FC61 steel, which features fine-carbide distribution and 61 Rockwell hardness for a razor-sharp, easy-to-maintain edge
- Fine-carbide distribution results in a blade that holds an incredibly sharp angle
- Double Friodur hardening improves the microstructure of the steel for improved cutting performance, corrosion resistance and increased durability
- Blade is extra-wide, so your knuckles don’t impact the cutting board, and features a rounded spine for comfortable pinch gripping
- Brushed polymer handles are hand-ground and feature a complex curvature that mirrors the palm for a secure, supremely comfortable grip
Shop all Vitamix: Click here »
The first master bladesmith to specialize in kitchen cutlery, Bob holds a simple knifemaking philosophy: start with the highest-grade materials available, temper to the perfect hardness, and establish blade geometries and handle shapes designed around actual use. Combining his love of cooking with decades of knifemaking experience, Bob’s knives are designed to be the best kitchen knives in the world.
Bob partnered with Zwilling J.A. Henckels to bring his philosophy to a wider audience than those who could spend thousands of dollars and wait years for one of his custom blades. Thanks to Zwilling’s commitment to manufacturing knives of the highest quality, its cutting-edge factories and its centuries of knifemaking experience, home cooks and professional chefs alike are now able to enjoy the legendary quality and performance of a Kramer custom in an easily accessible package.