Breville “The Boss™” High-Velocity Blender
Thanks to its unique design, the Boss blends ingredients up to 50% finer than traditional blending for luxuriously smooth results every time. Smart, easy-to-use features like a variable-speed dial, five blending presets and an auto-clean function make the Boss a versatile and powerful addition to any kitchen.
- Manufacturer: Breville
- Model: BBL910XL
- Includes: Base, carafe, lid, tamper, scraper spatula
- Material: Die-cast stainless steel, Tritan plastic (BPA free)
- Care: Wipe base clean. Auto-clean function cleans blades and carafe
- Dimensions: 7¼" x 7¼" x 17¾"
- Capacity: 67 oz.
- Weight: 5.6 lb.
- Watts: 1500 W
- Warranty: 7-year warranty
- Made in China
- Incredibly powerful, 2-peak-horsepower motor smoothly blends even thick or fibrous ingredients
- Five blending presets, including smoothie, green smoothie, frozen dessert, soup and pulse/ice crush make it easy to achieve the perfect texture
- Variable speed dial makes it easy to fine-tune texture while blending
- High-velocity ProKinetix blade and bowl system pulverizes virtually any combination of ingredients and creates particles that are up to 50% smaller than those produced during traditional blending
- Smaller particles result in increased nutrient absorption and an ultra-smooth, luxurious mouth-feel
- Easy-to-operate controls with large, backlit LCD display
- Timer function for set-and-forget convenience
- Dedicated cleaning function cleans blades and carafe at the touch of a button
- Sleek, modern design features a die-cast base for increased durability and performance
- Tight-fitting lid is vented to allow steam to escape when blending hot soups and features Breville’s ring assist for easy opening and closing
- BPA-free carafe features handy metric and imperial measurements as well as a corner spout designed for drip-free pouring
John O’Brien (Bill’s son) quickly became passionate about the growing small-appliance business, founding the Breville Research and Development center in 1972. Two years later, the world’s first scissor-action sandwich maker was invented, selling 400,000 units in its first year—one of the most successful product launches in Australian history. Today, from New Zealand to the UK, toasted sandwiches are still affectionately called ’Brevilles,’ so much so that the term has been added to the Australian dictionary. The sandwich maker’s success was soon followed by the iconic ’Kitchen Wizz’ food processor, together with a range of high-performance, time-saving appliances such as blenders, dairy bars, yogurt makers and waffle irons. By the early ’80s, Breville had established an office in Hong Kong, and was exporting its innovations to 15 countries.
During the ’90s, Breville’s hometown of Sydney became one of the world’s most multicultural cities, with a craving for fresh, healthy foods and a taste for Mediterranean and Asian cuisine. Breville’s revolutionary innovations, such as the high-wall heating electric wok, the health grill, panini press and award-winning Juice Fountain and espresso machines, brought Sydney’s café culture to millions of homes around the world. In 2001, Breville’s merger with Australian kitchenware company HWI helped support the expansion of Breville’s Centre of Design.