- Material: Stainless steel, plastic
- Dimensions: 3½" long
- Made in Germany
Care & Usage Show
- Hand wash with hot water and mild dish soap. Do not immerse in water
- Not recommended for steaks under 1" thick
1) They measured the temperature at a specific spot within the meat. I had to be sure I put it in correctly to get the best results I could.
2) They didn't consider resting time and carryover cooking.
I'm happy to say that the Steak Champ exceeds on both points. I really like that it measures the temperature over the length of the thermometer, so I get a better read on the entirety of the meat (all of which I'll be eating). I love, love, love that it's specifically designed to continue measuring the temperature during the rest period. It's that rest measurement that truly ensures the steak ends up on the plate at the right degree of doneness, and that's huge!
It's a little expensive, but so is the steak so I'd rather spend a little more to ensure I don't ruin the meat. :-) All in all, this is definitely the best steak thermometer I've ever used. I look forward to more tasty steak this weekend
Questions & Answers
Is it $49.95 for just one ?