To start the LotusGrill, fill the central container with charcoal—it may be necessary to break it into smaller chunks to get it to fit. Place the priming plate in the center of the inner bowl and squirt a ring of fire-starting gel onto the plate. Turn on the fan, then ignite the gel. Check that the gel has ignited (CAUTION: Use care—you may not be able to see the flame) then carefully place the charcoal container over the plate. Place the grate on the grill and lock both sides to the base. Let the grill warm briefly, then use the control knob to adjust the heat to the desired intensity.
- Real charcoal grilling in a compact, easy-to-transport package
- Battery-operated bellows fan makes it easy to increase or decrease heat intensity
- Exterior of grill remains cool during operation thanks to dual-wall construction
- Grill is easy to assemble and fits into a handy carrying case
- Charcoal remains in a sealed mesh container and will not spill during use
- Interior bowl and grill grate clean up easily in the dishwasher
- Manufacturer: LotusGrill International
- Material: Aluminized steel
- Dimensions: 13¾" x 9"
- Weight: 12 lb.
- Warranty: 2-year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Made in China
Care & Usage Show
- Grill lid and inner bowl are dishwasher safe. Wipe with damp cloth to clear excess fat prior to washing
- Not safe for indoor use
- Compatible with any lighter gels sold at hardware and camping stores; follow safety instructions on the product label before using
- Requires 4 AA batteries (included)
What's In the box? Show
- Grill Carrying case
Specially designed to provide a clean-burning fuel for the LotusGrill, this natural beechwood charcoal generates intense heat and deliciously smoky flavor...See product page for full details »
When we returned from camp at midnight and were craving something warm, this little grill was ready to go in minutes. Pour on a ring of lighter gel, fill the center container with coals, light the gel, replace the container and secure the grill grates. We were grilling sausages and bell peppers in 3 minutes! So much easier and more portable than a huge kettle grill or typical BBQ and a lot nicer than a tiny camping stove. I'm pretty sure I convinced everyone in my camp to buy one.
The only qualm I had was the fact that the dishwasher didn't get it back to it's sparkling out-of-the-box newness, but that's probably due to the fact that I let it sit in my car for 3 days before I washed it. It took some elbow grease to really clean it up. Totally worth it tough
I did some research and came across the Lotus Grill and was very intrigued by the smokeless aspect and the cool base since we have little kids.
I am so glad we purchased this grill. True to the marketing, there is no smoke so we don't have to constantly move around the grill to avoid the smoke in the breeze and the base really stays 'room temperature' which is great for safety and for being able to readjust in the sand or even move it to another location while grilling! One thing to note is that in an open area, there is likely to be a breeze across the top of the grill which affects how hot the grate is and makes cooking time a bit longer. That's just an environmental consideration though and easily mitigated by setting up out of the wind if its too much of an issue.
My one grievance with the grill is that you can't seem to buy accessories or replacement parts in the United States. I'd love to get a top for it and/or a replacement charcoal basket for when/if that ever goes and there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.
Questions & Answers