Le Creuset® Signature Burgundy Braisers
Inspired by the Burgundy region of France, an area famed for fine wine and exceptional gourmet cuisine, this color was created exclusively for Sur La Table and adds a touch of classic French beauty to any kitchen or table.
Savor your weekend with these recipes for slow-cooked meals perfect for Le Creuset’s cast iron cookware»
- Sand-cast braisers are painstakingly polished and finished by hand, then sprayed with two coats of enamel and fired twice for an extremely durable and attractive finish
- Colorful exterior enamel is long-lasting and resists chipping and cracking, while the interior enamel is engineered to resist staining and dulling
- Light interior enamel makes it easy to monitor cooking foods
- Enameled cast iron provides even heat distribution and superior heat retention
- Suitable for all heat sources (induction, electric, gas and halogen)
- Lid stays securely in place to lock in steam and flavor
- Timeless Le Creuset beauty for oven-to-table presentation
- Manufacturer: Le Creuset
- Material: Enameled cast iron
- Dimensions: 11½" x 5" (3½ qt.); 13" x 5¾" (5 qt.)
- Capacity: 3½ qt.; 5 qt.
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in France
Care & Usage Show
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe to 500°F
What's In the box? Show
1 year ago
9 months ago
It works well for a wide variety of things: browning, sauces, searing, slow cooking. The size allowed us to easily sear a half beef tenderloin for our beef wellington.
We used it last night for homemade spaghetti and mozzarella stuffed meatballs. The color is gorgeous plus it makes a great serving dish!
I always thought Le Creuset was too pricey, but now that I have this and the cast iron skillet in burgundy...I'm hooked. (I am glad we received it as a gift, but if I knew what I do now when I was single...I would have made a point to put money aside every month to save up for one).
It does take a bit to get used too at first. We have a gas stove and I use this on lower settings. This is just as easy to clean as a non-stick pan. I love the cast iron skillet and braiser so much, I now put a 7 qt. dutch oven on our wedding registry in Rosemary.
The only con of the braiser is finding a spot for it in the cabinet...it sat on the range for a couple weeks till I rearranged my pots & pans cabinet. Don't just buy this because it's pretty, buy it because it awesome to cook with and it's pretty :)
Questions & Answers