Le Creuset® Heritage Burgundy Baker
Inspired by the Burgundy region of France, an area famed for fine wine and exceptional gourmet cuisine, this color was created exclusively for Sur La Table and adds a touch of classic French beauty to any table.
- Manufacturer: Le Creuset
- Material: Enameled stoneware
- Care: Dishwasher safe
- Use: Oven safe to 500°F
- Dimensions: 12" x 9" x 2½"
- Capacity: 4 qt.
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in France
- Fired at high temperatures for increased strength, the enamel finish resists chips, cracks and stains
- Enameled stoneware is virtually nonporous and will not absorb odors or flavors
- Goes effortlessly from freezer to oven to table and makes a handsome serving dish
- Handles are designed for added comfort, balance and ease of lifting
- Available in a range of Le Creuset’s vibrant colors
The rigorous process starts with molten iron being sand cast from a single mold that’s destroyed after use, explaining why no two pieces are identical. Pots, pans and accessories are then painstakingly polished and finished by hand, sprayed with two coats of enamel and fired twice. No other procedure yields cookware that so evenly conducts and retains heat, making Le Creuset cast iron second to none for slow cooking.
Le Creuset’s signature color, Flame, was created to reflect the intense orange hue of molten cast iron inside a cauldron (“creuset” in French). In the company’s early years, this vibrant shade offered a refreshing color choice within a sea of gray. Carrying on the tradition, Le Creuset features a wide range of vibrant colors to complement any kitchen décor.
In 1995 Le Creuset began expanding into new categories: stainless steel, stoneware, silicone, enamel on steel, textiles and forged hard-anodized aluminum. Although some production processes have been modernized, you can be sure the handmade qualities of Le Creuset cookware remain unchanged. The company still manufactures their cast iron cookware in the original foundry, with each piece passing through the hands of 15 skilled artisans to ensure flawless perfection.
With the consistent qualities of authenticity, originality and innovation, Le Creuset maintains a connection to both heritage and modernity.