Le Creuset Stainless Steel Sauté Pans
Sauté pan features a generous cooking area with high, straight sides that help contain food while sautéing, riveted stay-cool handles, and flared precision-pour rims for drip-free pouring. Self-sealing lid locks in moisture and features both an internal flange that prevents stray drips and a relief valve that vents excess steam. Innovative tri-ply construction provides quick and even heating without hot spots and features a striking mirror-polished exterior. Handle is emblazoned with Le Creuset’s logo and each vessel’s capacity is laser-etched on the base.
- Manufacturer: Le Creuset
- Includes: Sauté pan, lid
- Material: Stainless steel, aluminum
- Care: Dishwasher safe
- Use: Oven safe to 500°F. Compatible with all stovetops, including induction
- Dimensions: 17.58" x 9.45" x 2.6" (3 qt.); 20.18" x 10.24" x 3.19" (4 ½ qt.)
- Capacity: 3 qt.; 4 ½ qt.
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in Portugal
- Iconic Le Creuset design in classic stainless steel
- Professional-grade pans heat quickly and evenly for superior cooking performance
- Tri-ply construction features a completely enclosed aluminum core for even and efficient heating
- Induction-ready exterior is constructed from proprietary titanium-infused stainless steel that resists discoloration
- Interior layer is constructed from surgical-grade 18/10 stainless steel
- Self-sealing lid locks in moisture and heat
- Signature knob won’t loosen over time and lies flat on countertops so lid can double as a spoon rest
- Precision-pour rims enable drip-free pouring directly from the pan
- Stay-cool ergonomic handles are designed for comfort, balance, and control and are riveted to each vessel for exceptional durability
- Capacity is laser etched on the base of every piece for easy identification
The rigorous process starts with molten iron being sand cast from a single mold that’s destroyed after use, explaining why no two pieces are identical. Pots, pans and accessories are then painstakingly polished and finished by hand, sprayed with two coats of enamel and fired twice. No other procedure yields cookware that so evenly conducts and retains heat, making Le Creuset cast iron second to none for slow cooking.
Le Creuset’s signature color, Flame, was created to reflect the intense orange hue of molten cast iron inside a cauldron (“creuset” in French). In the company’s early years, this vibrant shade offered a refreshing color choice within a sea of gray. Carrying on the tradition, Le Creuset features a wide range of vibrant colors to complement any kitchen décor.
In 1995 Le Creuset began expanding into new categories: stainless steel, stoneware, silicone, enamel on steel, textiles and forged hard-anodized aluminum. Although some production processes have been modernized, you can be sure the handmade qualities of Le Creuset cookware remain unchanged. The company still manufactures their cast iron cookware in the original foundry, with each piece passing through the hands of 15 skilled artisans to ensure flawless perfection.
With the consistent qualities of authenticity, originality and innovation, Le Creuset maintains a connection to both heritage and modernity.