Mauviel M’steel Wok
- Manufacturer: Mauviel
- Material: Carbon steel
- Care: Hand wash with warm water only immediately after use. Dry completely. Wipe with oiled paper towel and store in a dry place. Carbon steel will change color and develop a patina with use—this is natural and does not negatively affect the pan’s performance
- Use: Oven safe to 680°F
- Dimensions: 24.7" x 11.8" x 3.8"
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in France
- Carbon steel features excellent heat conduction at a fraction of the weight of cast iron
- Heat safe to high temperatures, allowing extra-long preheating for excellent results when searing or browning
- When properly cared for, carbon steel becomes increasingly nonstick with each use
- Extremely durable, commercial grade carbon steel is safe for use with metal utensils and will not retain flavors or odors
- For use with all cooktops, including induction
Now, nearly two centuries and seven generations of Mauviels later, the streets of Villedieu-les-Poêles still ring with the sound of Mauviel hammers. Many things remain unchanged: the Mauviel name is still a fixture in commercial and professional kitchens, the quality of Mauviel products continues to be unsurpassed, and the Mauviel family persists in demanding excellence.
It is this relentless pursuit of perfection that drives Mauviel to continue to innovate. Today, Mauviel offers several lines of the highest-quality products crafted in copper, stainless steel and aluminum to discerning professional chefs and home cooks alike. By marrying centuries of tradition and technique with modern design and materials, Mauviel has positioned itself firmly on the cutting edge. Whether a timeless copper classic or a five-layer marvel of engineering, every Mauviel product is the culmination of centuries of skill, artistry and uncompromising vision. Each Mauviel truly is a masterpiece.