Mauviel M’steel Skillets
Skillet features a flat cooking surface for incredible results while searing and a sturdy, angled handle for easy tossing and sautéing.
- Carbon steel features excellent heat conduction at a fraction of the weight of cast iron
- Heat safe to high temperatures, allowing extra-long preheating for excellent results when searing or browning
- When properly cared for, carbon steel becomes increasingly nonstick with each use
- Extremely durable, commercial-grade carbon steel is safe for use with metal utensils and will not retain flavors or odors
- For use with all cooktops, including induction
- Manufacturer: Mauviel
- Material: Carbon steel
- Care: Hand wash with warm water only immediately after use. Dry completely. Wipe with oiled paper towel and store in a dry place. Carbon steel will change color and develop a patina with use—this is natural and does not negatively affect the pan’s performance
- Use: Oven safe to 680°F
- Dimensions: 8" diameter; 11" diameter
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in France
Care & Usage Show
- Special-Care Instructions: M’steel cookware ships with a beeswax coating that must be removed prior to use. To remove coating, scrub with hot, soapy water. Pan must be seasoned to prevent corrosion. To season, dry pan completely after cleaning, then wipe with a thin coat of flavorless cooking oil. Heat until oil liquefies, then turn heat off and wipe off excess oil. Repeat as necessary
Questions & Answers
(I wish I had all the money back I wasted on non-stick pans in my lifetime.)
Use & Care for both is almost identical as well. I think when it comes down to it, you have to choose which material you prefer.
Hope this helps. Great pan!
The pan is very light weight. I can weigh it when I get home if needed, but it is very light. I have cast iron pans as well as many non-stick pans and this is the lightest. My wife exclaims it is her favorite plan at least once a week. We bought two more (different sizes) because we love it so much. I fried eggs in it this morning!! We would recommend the rubber handle cover for better grip and temperature control