Mauviel M’steel Skillets
Skillet features a flat cooking surface for incredible results while searing and a sturdy, angled handle for easy tossing and sautéing.
- Carbon steel features excellent heat conduction at a fraction of the weight of cast iron
- Heat safe to high temperatures, allowing extra-long preheating for excellent results when searing or browning
- When properly cared for, carbon steel becomes increasingly nonstick with each use
- Extremely durable, commercial-grade carbon steel is safe for use with metal utensils and will not retain flavors or odors
- For use with all cooktops, including induction
- Manufacturer: Mauviel
- Material: Carbon steel
- Care: Hand wash with warm water only immediately after use. Dry completely. Wipe with oiled paper towel and store in a dry place. Carbon steel will change color and develop a patina with use—this is natural and does not negatively affect the pan’s performance
- Use: Oven safe to 680°F
- Dimensions: 8" diameter; 9.5" diameter; 11" diameter; 12.5" diameter;
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in France
Care & Usage Show
- Special-Care Instructions: M’steel cookware ships with a beeswax coating that must be removed prior to use. To remove coating, scrub with hot, soapy water. Pan must be seasoned to prevent corrosion. To season, dry pan completely after cleaning, then wipe with a thin coat of flavorless cooking oil. Heat until oil liquefies, then turn heat off and wipe off excess oil. Repeat as necessary
Questions & Answers
Use & Care for both is almost identical as well. I think when it comes down to it, you have to choose which material you prefer.
Hope this helps. Great pan!