Mauviel M’steel Skillets
Skillet features a flat cooking surface for incredible results while searing and a sturdy, angled handle for easy tossing and sautéing.
- Manufacturer: Mauviel
- Material: Carbon steel
- Care: Hand wash with warm water only immediately after use. Dry completely. Wipe with oiled paper towel and store in a dry place. Carbon steel will change color and develop a patina with use—this is natural and does not negatively affect the pan’s performance
- Use: Oven safe to 680°F
- Dimensions: 8" diameter; 9.5" diameter; 11" diameter; 12.5" diameter; 14" diameter
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in France
- Carbon steel features excellent heat conduction at a fraction of the weight of cast iron
- Heat safe to high temperatures, allowing extra-long preheating for excellent results when searing or browning
- When properly cared for, carbon steel becomes increasingly nonstick with each use
- Extremely durable, commercial-grade carbon steel is safe for use with metal utensils and will not retain flavors or odors
- For use with all cooktops, including induction
Questions & Answers
Use & Care for both is almost identical as well. I think when it comes down to it, you have to choose which material you prefer.