Miyabi Evolution Rocking Santoku
Designed exclusively for Sur La Table, this extraordinary knife will quickly become your go-to blade. Thanks to a revolutionary hardening process, the exceptional steel holds a keen edge, while the ergonomic handle, precision balance and rounded spine ensure comfort even during marathon prep sessions.
- Manufacturer: Miyabi
- Material: High-carbon stainless steel, polymer (POM)
- Care: Hand wash only
- Dimensions: 7" blade
- Warranty: Manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
- Exclusive to Sur La Table, Miyabi Evolution knives represent the next refinement in East-meets-West cutlery
- Designed to exacting standards, Evolution melds expert artistry with ground-breaking technology
- Revolutionary FC61 steel pairs fine carbide distribution with an astonishing 61 Rockwell hardness
- Fine-carbide distribution results in a blade that holds an incredibly sharp angle and is extremely durable, with no risk of chipping under normal use
- Double Friodur hardening improves the microstructure of the steel for exceptional cutting performance, corrosion resistance and rock-solid durability
- Each forged, full-tang blade is touched by 46 artisans and hand-honed via a three-step, dry-sharpening process to a screaming-sharp 22 to 24 degrees
- Blades are polished to a mirror finish and feature sand-blasted katana edges. Hollow-ground edge helps prevent sticking
- Triple-riveted handles feature striking red spacers and are individually weight adjusted for perfect balance and a secure, comfortable grip
- Handle undergoes a rigorous nine-step finishing process to ensure perfect ergonomic design
- Comfort-oriented features such as a rounded spine, bolster and heel reduce cutting fatigue and make the knife easy to hold in either an Eastern or Western grip
Forged-steel construction results in a distinctive Damascus pattern, ensuring no two knives are identical. Blades go through a Cryodur four-step ice-hardening process for strength, flexibility, and corrosion resistance. Edges are then hand finished by master craftsmen using the classic honbazuke blade-honing technique.
Created in collaboration with world-renowned Japanese chefs—including Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto—the Miyabi collection merges authentic Japanese blades with Western-style handles to create a unique line of cutlery.
Miyabi. The Beauty of Sharpness.