Miyabi Artisan SG2 Rocking Santoku
Designed exclusively for Sur La Table, Artisan knives feature an industry-leading micro-carbide SG2 core plated in nickel and stainless steel for a dramatic textured finish and exceptional performance. Each knife is hand-honed using a blend of traditional methods and cutting-edge techniques, resulting in a true katana edge that glides effortlessly through almost any food. The uniquely shaped handle is constructed from beautiful cocobolo-rosewood pakkawood with handsome decorative embellishments and rests comfortably and securely in the hand.
- Manufacturer: Miyabi
- Material: Nickel, stainless steel, cocobolo pakkawood
- Care: Hand wash only
- Dimensions: 7" blade; 12¾" total length
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
- Handmade by skilled artisans in Seki City, Japan
- Industry-leading SG2 core features is ice-hardened to 63 Rockwell hardness for exceptional durability
- SG2 powder-steel core is clad in layers of nickel and stainless steel, then given a hammered finish that helps prevent sticking and looks stunning
- Blade is hand-honed to an exceptionally sharp 9½° to 12° symmetrical edge
- Distinctive pakkawood handle is designed to rest comfortably in the hand and features brass and red spacers, a stainless steel bolster and end cap, and an attractive mosaic pin
Forged-steel construction results in a distinctive Damascus pattern, ensuring no two knives are identical. Blades go through a Cryodur four-step ice-hardening process for strength, flexibility, and corrosion resistance. Edges are then hand finished by master craftsmen using the classic honbazuke blade-honing technique.
Created in collaboration with world-renowned Japanese chefs—including Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto—the Miyabi collection merges authentic Japanese blades with Western-style handles to create a unique line of cutlery.
Miyabi. The Beauty of Sharpness.