Sicily: An Insider’s Culinary Tour: $500 Reservation Deposit
Sicily’s exquisite array of delights ranges from fresh local lemons and almonds to marzipan, delectable seafood and, of course, incredible wine. You’ll visit a thriving 1000-year-old market in Palermo, a world-famous winery in Marsala, and explore the breathtaking coastal resort town of Taormina, where you’ll learn from a professional chef to create delicious dishes inspired by local flavors.
April 25 - 30, 2011 5 nights, 6 days
- Three nights’ luxury accommodations in Palermo at the Hotel Plaza Opera
- Two nights’ luxury accommodations in Taormina at the Hotel Villa Diodoro
- Daily breakfasts, special lunches, local dinners
- Wine tastings
- Market shopping trips
- Guided coastal tours
- Visit a marzipan maker in the medieval mountaintop town of Erice
- Take a cooking class in Taormina celebrating local flavors
- See ancient windmills in Trapani, where sea salt is still hand-harvested
- Monti Iblei (Sicilian) DOP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sicilian Cherry Tomato Topping
- Sicilian DOP Nocellara del Belice Olives
- Sicilian Sea Salt with Blood Orange Zest
- Italy’s Greatest Chefs book
$4,000.00 per person, double occupancy. Airfare is not included. A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 is required to reserve your space.
- Unforgettable culinary vacation designed exclusively for Sur la Table.
- Sicily is the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea.
- It’s warm, inviting and rich in nuanced cultural tradition.
- Perfect for cooks and food-lovers, this trip reveals the treasures of this beautiful island from a foodie perspective.
- Sicily’s exquisite array of delights ranges from fresh lemons and almonds to marzipan, delectable seafood and wine.
- You’ll visit a thriving 1000-year-old market in Palermo.
- See a world-famous winery in Marsala.
- Explore the breathtaking coastal resort town of Taormina.
- Learn from a professional chef how to create delicious dishes inspired by local flavors.
- All guests also receive a Special Bonus Gift, a $120.00 value
Questions & Answers