SousVide Supreme Black Demi Water Bath
Everyone — from experienced chefs to beginners — can use the Demi to prepare delicious meals with minimal preparation time. Cooking with the Demi is as easy as boiling water. Just season your dish, vacuum-seal it in food-grade pouches, simmer in the Demi water bath, sear or sauce your dish according to taste, and serve.
At the push of a button, the Demi cooks food to a perfect serving temperature with no chance of overcooking. Vacuum-sealing food locks in flavors and preserves nutritional qualities, and creates dishes of incomparable taste and texture. The precise temperature control and slow cooking times produce perfect meals every time.
Food lovers will appreciate their steaks cooked to medium-rare perfection from edge-to-edge, dynamic vegetables, tender and juicy poultry, and ribs that fall off the bone (just to name a few of this versatile machine’s benefits). The Demi also saves money, making the traditionally tough cuts, like flank steak or brisket, more tender and useful, like a filet mignon, for just a fraction of the cost.
The Demi holds nine liters of water with room for approximately twelve 4-oz. portions of food. Set includes a detachable power cord, base grill and rack to separate food pouches, user guide and instructional DVD. Hand wash. 11.4" H x 13" L x 11" W.
Web exclusive: This product is only available online. Made in China.
Set the temperature on the control panel and let it do the cooking.
It’s almost the size of your average bread maker, which makes it considerable smaller than many sous vide methods. Counter-worthy style is attractive, modern and will look handsome in your kitchen.
QUIET OPERATION WITH NO STEAM
Food quietly cooks in the self-contained unit with a lid to contain the steam.
The SousVide Supreme Demi model allows home chefs to enjoy all the benefits of this wonderful way to cook at a fraction of the cost of other sous vide devices, such as immersion circulators.
EASY TO CLEAN AND MAINTAIN
There’s virtually no cleanup required with the unit. Each unit is hand-calibrated at the factory, with no need for re-calibration by the cook.
PRODUCES PERFECTLY COOKED FOOD
It’s almost impossible to overcook food, and thanks to the science and technology of this unit, meat is prevented from ever drying out, no matter how long it’s been cooking.
ONE POT MEALS
You can easily fix up delicious one-pot meals—meat and vegetables can be cooked together, a great timesaving feature.
CHOOSE YOUR MEAT TEMPERATURE
This sous vide cooker allows you to specify the desired doneness of meat, whether its rare medium rare, medium or well done.
TENDER, CRISP VEGETABLES
Cook vegetables as you desire and the way they’re most delicious: tender, crisp and with vibrant color.
THE MEANING OF SOUS VIDE
The term sous vide (pronounced soo–veed) is a French term, meaning under vacuum. Sous vide is a culinary technique in which vacuum-sealed food is immersed in a water bath and cooked at a very precise, consistent temperature. This cooking technique typically involves cooking food for longer periods of time at a lower temperature. The precise temperature control allows you to cook food to perfection, while the forgiving nature of this cooking method also eliminates concerns about overcooking. Sous vide cooking is extremely simple and fool-proof, and produces extraordinary results.
A BRIEF HISTORY
This method of cooking was developed in the mid–1970s by chef Georges Pralus (at the internationally renowned Michelin Three-Star Restaurant, Troisgros, in Roanne, France) initially as a means of minimizing costly shrinkage of and optimally cooking delicate foie gras. Chef Bruno Goussault subsequently adopted and expanded the technique to consistently provide gourmet-quality meals to first class travelers on Air France. In the last two decades, sous vide cooking has sparked a wave of culinary innovation and creativity, and has become the secret of top chefs at major restaurants around the world. With appliances such as the SousVide Supreme, this cooking technique is now affordable and accessible to home cooks.
3 SIMPLE STEPS TO PERFECT FLAVOR
Season & Seal:
Because the sous vide technique locks in the flavor, the food cooks in its own juices, intensifying its natural flavors. This means that you can season with a lighter hand or in many cases, after the fact. Vacuum/seal the food in airtight cooking pouches.
Drop the pouches into the precisely controlled water bath.
Many foods, such as vegetables, fruits, and one-dish meals are delicious straight from the pouch. Proteins (meat, poultry, fish) are delicious out of the pouch as well, but may benefit from a quick sear in a hot skillet, under the broiler, on the grill, or with a kitchen torch to impart the beautiful golden color and savory caramelized flavor to these foods.
- A healthy alternative to traditional cooking methods
- The world’s first water oven for the home, sous vide cooking is favored by celebrated by chefs from Heston Blumenthal to Thomas Keller
- Fish, meat, poultry, vegetables and more can cook for hours, even days, with stunning results every time
- Season, seal, simmer and serve, add water, adjust the temperature and let the
- SousVide Supreme do the work
- Cooks sealed food at precise preset temperatures for amazingly even and consistent cooking, and surprisingly wonderful flavors
- Vacuum-sealed food loses virtually none of its flavor or nutrients during cooking
- No need to stir or monitor temperature—the SousVide Supreme precisely keeps water within one degree of accuracy
- Features and simple touchpad controls
- You will also need a vacuum sealer as part of your preparation
- Considerable smaller than many sous vide methods with counter-worthy style
- Food quietly cooks in the self-contained unit with a lid to contain the steam
- Enjoy all the benefits at a fraction of the cost of other sous vide devices
- There’s virtually no clean up required with the unit
- Each unit is hand-calibrated at the factory, with no need for re-calibration by the cook
- Meat and vegetables can be cooked together, a great timesaving feature
- Specify the desired doneness of meat, whether its rare medium rare, medium or well done
- Cooks vegetables that are tender, crisp and with vibrant color
- Manufacturer: SousVide
- Includes: Water bath, detachable power cord, base grill and rack, insulating lid blanket, user guide and instructional DVD
- Care: Hand wash
- Capacity: 9 liters of water; approximately twelve 4-oz. portions of food
- Dimensions: 11.4" H x 13" L x 11" W
- Material: Steel and aluminum
- Made in China