Emile Henry® Black Flame-Top Grilling Stone
Made of all natural materials, the stone is crafted using Emile Henry’s proprietary Flame® technology. The glaze is micro-crazed, which contributes to crispy, well-baked dishes. You can cut directly on the glazed grilling stone without damaging or scratching the surface. Easy to clean with soap and water and is dishwasher safe. And it’s light, easy to handle—30% lighter than cast iron.
THE FLAME® COLLECTION ADVANTAGE
Emile Henry’s proprietary ceramic technology provides optimal cooking on the grill or in traditional ovens or microwave. Excels at cooking on all types of barbecues; you’ll love that it stays hot longer, and allows you to perfectly cook a variety of dishes that can be tricky to prepare al fresco. Take your favorite dishes in new directions by cooking them outdoors, such as stir-fry, pizza and myriad vegetable medleys.
The footed base allows for heat diffusion and it’s designed to provide gently even heat distribution; coaxes out the natural flavors of the food and maintains natural textures and colors, resulting in better tasting dishes. It’s a wonderful piece to have on hand for recipes that call for extremely high temperatures and searing.
Burgundy clay evenly and slowly diffuses cooking heat to the very center of the cooking surface. Food is cooked evenly, which brings out the flavors and aromas. Burgundy clay has superior heat retention properties that keep food hot and more flavorsome when resting on a divot on the table or sideboard.
EXTRAORDINARILY DURABLE POTTERY
Emile Henry products do not chip or crack easily. You can even cut directly on the surface without scratching or damaging the finish.
EASY TO CLEAN
The surfaces do not trap and hold baked on or burnt food. Cleaning is remarkably easy. All Emile Henry products can go in the dishwasher.
All Emile Henry products carry a limited household warranty against breakage due to defective workmanship.
- For cooking outdoors on the grill or in traditional and microwave ovens
- Perfect for baking as well as preparing stir-fry pizza or vegetable dishes
- Flame Collection proprietary ceramic technology provides optimal cooking results
- Made from local clay in Burgundy, France
- Superior heat retention properties keep food hot and more flavorsome
- The exclusive finishing process ensures years of heavy use
- Great for anything that needs to be cooked at high temperatures
- Safe for dishwasher
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Resists chips and cracks; you can cut directly on the surface without damaging the finish
- Glaze is 100% food safe and resists fading over time
- Manufacturer: Emile Henry
- Care: Dishwasher safe, oven safe to 750°F
- Material: Clay
- Dimensions: 18" x 14"
- Warranty: 10-year warranty.
- Made in France
Burgundy is noted for world-famous wines that are grown in the mineral-rich limestone soils of the region. Imparting fantastic terrior in the wines, it is these soils and clays that go into the special clay cookware-crafting formulas that are the basis of all Emile Henry ceramic cookware and other products. Worldwide, professional chefs and home cooks appreciate Emile Henry for the many products and shapes that are properly designed for cooking and baking. The products have the right dimensions, the correct depth and the special features that make Emile Henry so desirable for everyone that enjoys cooking and eating great foods. Discerning gourmands recognize the quality in every loaf pan, casserole dish, stew pot, handcrafted pie dish, trivet, tagine, and brazier they create.