Sur La Table® Chocolate Mousse Ice Cream Starter
This simple ice cream starter works with low-fat dairy, but higher-fat dairy results in a richer, creamier ice cream. For best results we recommend 1 packet Ice Cream Starter, 1¾ cups of heavy cream, and 1¾ cups of half and half. This starter will work with any home ice cream maker.
Combine dairy in a large mixing bowl. Use a whisk to incorporate the dry starter mix. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes to allow the dry ingredients to completely dissolve. Then whisk the mixture again to ensure a uniform blend.
Chill the mixture for 30 minutes before adding to your ice cream mixer. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your ice cream machine, since churning times will vary. Once the ice cream has reached your desired consistency, serve immediately or store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 1 week. One mix packet yields 1½ quarts of ice cream. Set includes two 7.7-oz. mix packets. Made in the USA.
- Includes: Two 7.7-oz. mix packets
- Velvety smooth texture and rich flavor of chocolate mousse.
- The ultimate indulgence for the chocolate lover.
- One bite of this decadent dessert and you’ll be hooked.
- Only takes minutes to prepare luscious, chocolaty ice cream.
- Perfect for enjoying at home or serving to guests.
- All natural, gluten free.
- Works wonderfully with low-fat dairy.
- Higher-fat dairy results in a richer, creamier ice cream.
- Works with any home ice cream maker.
- Serve immediately or store in the freezer for up to 1 week.
- One mix packet yields 1½ quarts of ice cream.
A destination for iconic chefs such as Julia Child, Jacques Pepin, Martha Stewart and Mario Batali, Sur La Table entices aficionados and curious beginners alike with its amazing selection of cookware and tools.
With a successful catalog, website, culinary program and stores coast to coast, Sur La Table continues to share its passion for the traditions and tastes of the world with people who love to cook and entertain.