Staub Burnt Orange Pumpkin Cocotte, 3.5 qt.
Get the recipe for Mushroom & Leek Soup: Click here »
- Enameled cast iron retains and distributes heat evenly and efficiently
- Durable matte-enamel finish won’t discolor, scratch, rust or chip and is ready to use—no seasoning required
- Extra-heavy lid seals in moisture for tender, flavorful results
- Attractive pumpkin design makes a beautiful centerpiece for any harvest feast and is the perfect serving dish for seasonal soups and stews
- Smooth ceramic base is suitable for all heat sources, including induction
- Manufacturer: Staub
- Includes: Cocotte, lid
- Material: Enameled cast iron, brass
- Care: Dishwasher safe
- Use: Oven safe to 500°F
- Dimensions: 12" x 10" x 7"
- Capacity: 3.5 qt.
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in France
New Perfect for cooking and serving individual portions of seasonal stews, soups, sides and more, this handsome pumpkin cocotte makes a perfect addition to your ...See product page for full details »
But!! Unfortunately, the fifth time I used it, at 450ºF for 45min, I pulled it out to discover that the whole handle was horribly discolored--splotchy in spots, like cheap jewelry where the coating's started rubbing off, and with streaks in other places that look fire-blackened. The stem is downright ugly now. I will take it into the store to see if I can return or exchange (although I'm wary about trying another and experiencing the same issue) but... you should bear in mind if you're buying this that there are no replacement handles like with other staub dutch ovens. Perhaps mine was just defective, but it concerns me that I had to use it so many times to find out.
Lastly, it's more difficult to clean than the perfectly round staubs. Initially that was a sacrifice I was willing to make for appearances, but now... I'm not so sure.
over 2 years ago
over 2 years ago
please have it available, thanks.
Questions & Answers
The stoneware cocottes are safe for oven, broiler, microwave & freezer.