Staub Famille Pan, 13"
- Matte-enamel interior requires no seasoning and provides exceptional results when browning or searing
- Multi-coat enamel ensures strength and won’t chip, rust or crack
- Cast iron retains and distributes heat evenly and efficiently
- Flared sides make it easy to stir and turn cooking foods
- Manufacturer: Staub
- Material: Enameled cast iron
- Dimensions: 13" x 16½" x 2½"
- Capacity: 4½ qt.
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in France
Care & Usage Show
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe to 500°F. Compatible with induction, gas and electric stovetops
It is a wonderful showpiece at the table (to be fair, most Staub is) -- people ooh and ahh when this comes out to the table.
plus, it stores easily AND it can go on the grill.
Overall, I was seeking a pan that had double handles and could manage to sear four servings of whatever I was making...without crowding. This more than meets those needs. It has non-stick like qualities but it is not true non-stick. It cleans quickly and I have had some mild discoloring of the black interior enamel that essentially is disguised when you wipe down the pan with a little oil after cleaning, as suggested by the manufacturer.
Other reviews suggest that this would make a very good paella and given the surface area, I would heartily agree. But since paella is an occasion dish, this would not be the primary reason to buy this pan as it serves very well as griddle like or as a super large fry pan. It's beautiful as Staub pieces often are. I would recommend it, if you are prepared for the size. At an inch wider than the 12in single handle fry pan, you'd think it was not big deal. But it really does seem considerably larger. And remember, cast iron weight is cast iron weight...so it is not light as a feather.
Questions & Answers