Bob Kramer 6" Carbon Steel Chef’s Knife by Zwilling J.A. Henckels®
ATTENTION CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: Proposition 65 warning: This product contains brass, which includes a very small amount of lead, a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer or birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Order this item now and we'll ship it to you on 07/19/2016, when it becomes available.
We won't charge you until the item ships.
We'll notify you of any change before then.
- Bob Kramer is one of the few Master Bladesmiths in the world specializing in kitchen cutlery
- Professional chefs wait years for a Kramer original
- We worked with the master himself and renowned knife maker Zwilling J.A. Henckels for this exquisite line of carbon steel knives made by artisans in Seki City, the Japanese knife-making capital since the 13th century
- Now home chefs can experience the unrivaled performance of a Kramer original
- Made using a carbon-steel formulation called 52100 for remarkable strength and unmatched edge retention
- Carbon steel is the first metal formulated to hold the razor-sharp, consistent edge required by modern chefs
- Heat-treated to a hardness of 61 Rockwell, so it comes sharp, stays sharp and is easy to maintain
- Blade is sharpened to 15° on each side of the 50/50 edge with the traditional three-step hand-honed edge
- Features a brass bolster for support
- Comfortable African blackwood handle mirrors the shape of your palm
- The full tang of the blade is tapered to Bob’s precise specifications
- Triple-riveted for strength and control
- Signature brass decorative center pin is handcrafted by Bob himself
- Over time the blade will develop the beautiful blue-gray patina prized by professional chefs as the signature of a favorite knife. This heirloom-quality knife is easy to care for—just keep it clean and dry for a lifetime of unparalleled performance.
- Manufacturer: Zwilling J.A. Henckels
- Dimensions: 6"
- Material: High-carbon steel, African blackwood and brass
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
Care & Usage Show
- Hand wash; please do not clean with bleach or chlorine
New Certified as a Master Bladesmith by the American Bladesmith Society, Bob Kramer is one of the only Master Bladesmiths in the world specializing in kitchen...See product page for full details »
New Keep your carbon steel blades in the same condition as the day you got them with this kit that includes the essentials for removing patina and protecting...See product page for full details »
I have watched this knife with great anticipation since it's inception. Of the many excellent knives I regularly use, this is by far my favorite and the current price makes it a hands down winner over the competition. The Sur La Table web site has outstanding information from Bob Kramer on the construction and care of these exceptional knives. I am exremely satisfied
2 months ago
1 year ago
Questions & Answers
This web page says the Bob Kramer Zwilling knife is made in Japan! In Seki City.Is this true? Or is it made in Germany