Bob Kramer 5" Carbon Steel Utility Knife by Zwilling J.A. Henckels®
ATTENTION CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: Proposition 65 warning: This product contains brass, which includes a very small amount of lead, a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer or birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Order this item now and we'll ship it to you on 07/26/2016, when it becomes available.
We won't charge you until the item ships.
We'll notify you of any change before then.
Shop all Bob Kramer Carbon Steel »
Read The New York Times article here.
Food writer Josh Ozersky is also a pretty big fan of the Bob Kramer Carbon Steel collection.
- Certified as a Master Bladesmith by the American Bladesmith Society, Bob Kramer is one of the few Master Bladesmiths in the world specializing in kitchen cutlery
- Professional chefs wait years for a Kramer original
- We worked with the master himself and renowned knife maker Zwilling J.A. Henckels for this exquisite line of carbon steel knives made by artisans in Seki City, the Japanese knife-making capital since the 13th century
- Now home chefs can experience the unrivaled performance of a Kramer original
- Precise straight carbon-steel formulation called 52100 for remarkable strength and unmatched edge retention
- Heat-treated to a hardness of 61 Rockwell, so it comes sharp, stays sharp and is easy to maintain
- Carbon steel is the first metal formulated to hold the razor-sharp, consistent edge required by modern chefs
- Blade is sharpened to 15° on each side of the 50/50 edge with the traditional three-step hand-honed edge
- Features a brass bolster for support
- Comfortable African blackwood handle mirrors the shape of your palm
- Blade provides perfect performance and is easy to maintain
- The full tang of the blade is tapered to Bob’s precise specifications
- Triple-riveted for strength and control
- Signature brass decorative center pin is handcrafted by Bob himself
- Manufacturer: Zwilling J.A. Henckels
- Dimensions: 5"
- Material: High-carbon steel, African blackwood and brass
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
Care & Usage Show
- Hand wash; please do not clean with bleach or chlorine
New Certified as a Master Bladesmith by the American Bladesmith Society, Bob Kramer is one of the only Master Bladesmiths in the world specializing in kitchen...See product page for full details »
New Keep your carbon steel blades in the same condition as the day you got them with this kit that includes the essentials for removing patina and protecting...See product page for full details »
Questions & Answers
It is a carbide cutter held in a plastic frame. Light strokes on each side of the blade will keep the edge ture and sharp. I have no connection with Handy-Sharp, I keep it by my TV chair and work on all sorts of knives in the evening. It does a good job on pocket knives. As you use it, you can feel the blade edge roughness going away. Light strokes will develope the feather. It also works on my Fiskars scissors.
I also use a diamond steel to keep the blade gliding through tomatoes. I only have the Zwilling Kramer and I like it.