Bob Kramer 3½" Carbon Steel Paring Knife by Zwilling J.A. Henckels®
Shop all Bob Kramer Carbon Steel »
Read The New York Times article here.
Food writer Josh Ozersky is also a pretty big fan of the Bob Kramer Carbon Steel collection.
- Bob Kramer is one of the few Master Bladesmiths in the world specializing in kitchen cutlery
- Professional chefs wait years for a Kramer original
- We worked with the master himself and renowned knife maker Zwilling J.A. Henckels for this exquisite line of carbon steel knives made by artisans in Seki City, the Japanese knife-making capital since the 13th century
- Made using a carbon-steel formulation called 52100 for remarkable strength and unmatched edge retention
- Carbon steel is the first metal formulated to hold the razor-sharp, consistent edge required by modern chefs
- Heat-treated to a hardness of 61 Rockwell, so it comes sharp, stays sharp and is easy to maintain
- Blade is sharpened to 15° on each side of the 50/50 edge with the traditional three-step hand-honed edge
- Features a brass bolster for support
- Comfortable African blackwood handle mirrors the shape of your palm
- The full tang of the blade is tapered to Bob’s precise specifications
- Triple-riveted for strength and control
- Signature brass decorative center pin is handcrafted by Bob himself
- The blade will develop the beautiful blue-gray patina prized by professional chefs as the signature of a favorite knife. This heirloom-quality knife is easy to care for—just keep it clean and dry for a lifetime of unparalleled performance.
- Manufacturer: Zwilling J.A. Henckels
- Dimensions: 3½"
- Material: High-carbon steel, African blackwood and brass
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
Care & Usage Show
- Hand wash; please do not clean with bleach or chlorine
New Certified as a Master Bladesmith by the American Bladesmith Society, Bob Kramer is one of the only Master Bladesmiths in the world specializing in kitchen...See product page for full details »
New Keep your carbon steel blades in the same condition as the day you got them with this kit that includes the essentials for removing patina and protecting...See product page for full details »
Truth be known, all you need in a kitchen is a Chefs. a paring and a serrated bread knife.
Nice to have something thats from an American Designer, [ albeit with a german company and made in japan]
Look at Bobs videos, hes in it for the art and craft. all in all, Great stuff, glad to have it.
10 months ago
Questions & Answers