Sur La Table Cordierite Pizza Stone, 22½" x 13½"
Made of cordierite, which is fired at a higher temperature than ceramic and can withstand thermal shock, easy-care stones require no seasoning or conditioning.
For best results, pre-heat oven or grill to 500°F and place stone in middle of oven on lowest rack or middle of grill for 30 minutes. When it is time to bake, dust stone with cornmeal before placing baked goods on top.
If baking a prepared food item, bake as directed by manufacturer on packaging. For fresh pizza, a flat metal spatula or a pizza peel dusted with cornmeal works well for transferring food to the baking stone.
Alternatively, using an oven mitt or glove, remove the hot stone from the oven, place food to be baked onto the stone and return both to the oven or grill.
- Bakes brick-oven-quality pizzas at home
- Perfectly browns and provides a crispy crust
- Great for pizza, bread, pastries and baked goods
- Works in your oven or grill
- Durable cordierite stone withstands thermal shock
- Manufacturer: Sur La Table
- Dimensions: 22½" length x 13½" width
- Material: Cordierite
Care & Usage Show
- Scrape off excess food with a spatula. When the stone has cooled, run it under hot water while scrubbing with a brush. Do not use soap on the stone as it may leave a soapy aftertaste. The natural properties of the baking stone will cause it to darken and spot with age; do not attempt to remove this discoloration. Air-dry the stone and store inside the oven
Large wooden handle and tough stainless steel bristles make it easy to remove baked-on grit from any pizza stone. 5" x 4" x 3".See product page for full details »
New Safely slide homemade pizzas in and out of the oven with ease. Beveled edge easily slides under crust and lifts it from the surface. Handle keeps your hands ...See product page for full details »
New Slice homemade pizzas and rustic breads with a simple rocking action. This must-have tool for the kitchen cuts through bread with precision and...See product page for full details »
New Attractive wood pizza peel transports a whole pizza to and from the oven or grill. Unlike metal, wood construction allows you to safely place your hand...See product page for full details »
I personally prefer using parchment instead of cornmeal for pizzas--easier to clean up. Paired with an Epicurean pizza peel and a decent dough recipe, this stone makes homemade pizza a much better alternative than ordering in
I maybe partial, but everyone he makes it for,loves it. They ask him to show how he makes it. The stone crisps bottom and makes it even better.
6 months ago
4 months ago
1 year ago
Questions & Answers
Country of origin
Do you ever put it in a preheated oven? Would it crack then?
How high of a temperature will this baking stone withstand?I have a bread recipe that requires the oven (and stone) to be pre-heated to 550F