Sur La Table® Cordierite Pizza Stone, 23½" x 13½"
Made of cordierite, which is fired at a higher temperature than ceramic and can withstand thermal shock, easy-care stones require no seasoning or conditioning.
For best results, pre-heat oven or grill to 500°F and place stone in middle of oven on lowest rack or middle of grill for 30 minutes. When it is time to bake, dust stone with cornmeal before placing baked goods on top.
If baking a prepared food item, bake as directed by manufacturer on packaging. For fresh pizza, a flat metal spatula or a pizza peel dusted with cornmeal works well for transferring food to the baking stone.
Alternatively, using an oven mitt or glove, remove the hot stone from the oven, place food to be baked onto the stone and return both to the oven or grill. 23½" x 13½".
- Manufacturer: Sur La Table
- Care: Scrape off excess food with a spatula. When the stone has cooled, run it under hot water while scrubbing with a brush. Do not use soap on the stone as it may leave a soapy aftertaste. The natural properties of the baking stone will cause it to darken and spot with age; do not attempt to remove this discoloration. Air-dry the stone and store inside the oven.
- Dimensions: 23½" length x 13½" width
- Material: Cordierite
- Bakes brick-oven-quality pizzas at home.
- Perfectly browns and provides a crispy crust.
- Great for pizza, bread, pastries and baked goods.
- Works in your oven or grill.
- Durable cordierite stone withstands thermal shock.
A destination for iconic chefs such as Julia Child, Jacques Pepin, Martha Stewart and Mario Batali, Sur La Table entices aficionados and curious beginners alike with its amazing selection of cookware and tools.
With a successful catalog, website, culinary program and stores coast to coast, Sur La Table continues to share its passion for the traditions and tastes of the world with people who love to cook and entertain.