Sur La Table Wood Pizza Peel
- Transports whole pizzas to and from the oven
- Wood peel won’t heat up and burn hands
- Manufacturer: Sur La Table
- Dimensions: 23½" length x 14" width
- Material: Wood
Care & Usage Show
- Wash with a mild dishwashing soap, rinse and dry immediately. Never place in the dishwasher. Do not soak or use metallic scrubbers. Periodically apply a small amount of mineral oil or other food safe oil
I saw this peel several times in the store before breaking down & buying it. I chose this model because it's the nicest looking and most traditionally authentic of those currently offered.
When I got it home, the first thing I did was wash & rinse it in mild soap and warm water. Immediately after, I oiled it generously with ""food safe"" mineral oil as is commonly done with wooden cutting boards. Oiling immediately brought out the grain in each plank, and gave the entire tool a warm honey-like luster. Naturally, I'll continue to break it in with additional water-cleaning & oiling.
In the coming years, I expect proper cleaning & oiling of this wonderful tool will be an important chore to prevent drying, cracking, & splitting, but that's part of owning wooden products. Besides, it's a price I'm willing to pay, 'cause this thing looks great hanging next to my oven and I feel like a ""Mad Pizza Chef"" when using it.
My wife likes it too, and her remark after we used it for the first time was ""I think it's time to host a pizza party!"
Questions & Answers
The photo shows the handle end of the peel. Can you post a photo that shows the side and front end so that I can see how much of a taper the tip has? Also, how thick is the peel