Steven Smith Teamaker Meadow Herbal Infusion Chamomile Tea, 15 bags
- Manufacturer: Steven Smith Teamaker
- Includes: 15 bags
- Material: Golden Egyptian chamomile flowers, fragrant hyssop, Cape rooibos, rose petals and linden flowers
- We say some of the best tea in the world comes from a quiet, shady street in Portland, Oregon
- Caffeine-free blend of golden Egyptian chamomile flowers and stimulating, fragrant hyssop joined with smooth Cape rooibos, rose petals and linden flowers
- Packaging invites tea lovers to discover its origin, when and where this tea was harvested, blended and packed
- Made in the USA
In 1972, Steve was manager of the first natural foods store in Portland, Oregon, and he and two partners founded the Stash Tea Company, which gradually grew to become one of America’s favorite consumer brands. Stash was acquired in 1993 by Yamamotoyama, the oldest tea company in Japan, and Smith left to pursue a new vision.
Working in his home kitchen, he created a new super-premium brand based on the artful blending of the highest-quality teas and botanicals. The resulting “Reincarnation of Tea” came to be known as Tazo, and Steve its head tea shaman. Parting ways with Tazo in 2006, Smith moved to Avignon with his wife, Kim, and their ten-year-old son. But after a year of their wearing scarves and eating lunch for two hours, the path of tea called them back to Portland.
Inspired by the perfumers of Paris and the fine chocolatiers of Provence, he once again picked up his tasting spoon—a big-bellied, sterling-silver antique found in a stall in Tinsukia, India. Steve uses this spoon daily, to perfect the teas that bear his name. Joined by trusted cohorts from his previous tea adventures, he lovingly crafts each small batch of Smith in his Teaworks atelier, which is where you will most likely find him today.