The pickle ornament, or weihnachtsgurke as it’s called in German, is considered a very special tree decoration by many families. It’s said that the tradition traces back to Germany, where the fir tree is decorated on Christmas Eve. For good luck, the pickle is always the last ornament to be hung on the tree, in an inconspicuous location by the mother and father. When the children awake on Christmas morning, they gleefully search for the pickle. Whoever finds the special ornament first receives an extra little gift from St. Nicholas.
Our heirloom-quality glass pickle ornament looks just like the real thing. With careful attention paid to even the smallest details, this beautifully handcrafted piece is perfect for starting your own tradition. Guaranteed to be a conversation starter, it makes a great gift for chefs and food lovers alike. 3½"H x 1"W. Made in Germany, exclusively for Sur La Table.
Web exclusive: This product is only available online.
- Manufacturer: Sur La Table
- Dimensions: 3½"H x 1"W
- Material: Glass
- Exclusive holiday collection for our customers only
- We searched the world and selected our favorite chef-themed ornaments
- Adds a whimsical touch to your tree
- Beautifully handcrafted, with careful attention to even the smallest details
- Guaranteed to be a conversation starter
- A fun way to share your love of cooking this holiday season
- Makes a great gift for chefs and food lovers of all ages
- Made in Germany, exclusively for Sur La Table
A destination for iconic chefs such as Julia Child, Jacques Pepin, Martha Stewart and Mario Batali, Sur La Table entices aficionados and curious beginners alike with its amazing selection of cookware and tools.
With a successful catalog, website, culinary program and stores coast to coast, Sur La Table continues to share its passion for the traditions and tastes of the world with people who love to cook and entertain.