Sur La Table® Grate and Store
- Easily grate and store cheese, chocolate, parmesan, potatoes, and more
- BPA-free clear storage container with measurement markings and lid
- All pieces snap together for convenient, compact storage
- Non-skid base for stability
- Manufacturer: Progressive
- Dimensions: 3½" x 3½" x 7¼"
- Capacity: 2 cups
- Material: Stainless steel, polypropylene
- Made in China
Care & Usage Show
- All parts are dishwasher safe
What's In the box? Show
- 3 grating surfaces (coarse, medium, and fine)
- BPA-free clear storage container
The bowls and grating surface are smaller than expected.
As with the old fashioned manual flat graters, you can grate your fingertips if you're not careful.
Not good for large batch grating needs, better to use a food processor or crank style grater.
No lid for storage of bowl other than graters which let in air.
The grating surface is very sharp and grates well.
Good for small batch grating needs
I've used other handheld graters and have found them to be clumsy, hard to clean, and grated material flung all over the place. Not so with this device. Everything is caught in the attached bowl. To clean, simply rinse off. No hidden corners.
Be aware:ALL handheld graters are potentially a finger shredder. Large jobs are best done with a food processor. BUT, with a little common sense and precaution one can safely use this devise without a care. For the less dexterous among us, wear cut-resistant gloves. The blades are SHARP.
Note: The grates are 1/8, 1/4, and 3/8 inch. If you want a finer grate, for say garlic, you'll need a separate grater