Dualit®Chilly Pink NewGen 2-Slice Toaster
With extra-wide 28mm slots to accommodate an optional Sandwich Cage, the award-winning ProHeat elements’ patented design increases toasting efficiency and element longevity. A selector control allows you to heat either one or both slots, and toaster comes with a removable crumb tray and adjustable rear foot for stability on uneven surfaces.
Designed for commercial use, the toaster is hand assembled in England and built to last, with an insulated steel body and an automatic turnoff function.
Web exclusive: This product is only available online.
- Model: 27164
- Dimensions: 10" x 8" x 9"; 7 lbs 11½ oz
- Material: Insulated steel body
- Watts: 1250
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
- Made in England
- Extra-wide 28mm slots to accommodate an optional Sandwich Cage
- Award-winning ProHeat elements’ patented design increases toasting efficiency and element longevity
- Selector control allows you to heat either one or both slots
- Removable crumb tray
- Adjustable rear foot
- Designed for commercial use, the toaster is hand assembled in England and built to last
- Insulated steel body
- Automatic turnoff function
An astute businessman, Max decided not to compete head to head with other emerging consumer brands but instead focused on the commercial market. In 1952, he designed and engineered a six-slice toaster with a built-in timer (the first of its kind). Over the next 20 years, the company grew slowly, gradually improving and extending its range of commercial toasters and adding other related products.
Everything started to change in the ‘70s when Max’s son Leslie joined the business. A government-sponsored design grant gave Dualit the opportunity to employ a Royal College of Art design graduate. Export incentives prompted Leslie and Max to exhibit at foreign trade shows. And consumer demand for professional kitchen appliances led retailers to stock Dualit products.
When the Dualit toaster became the must-have kitchen appliance of the ‘80s, the company was swamped by an insatiable demand. It was forced to extend the factory twice over and find ways of increasing its manufacturing capacity.