Krups® Silver Art Electric Tea Kettle
With a 360° removable base for easy pouring and serving, an illuminated on/off switch with automatic shut-off once water has reached boiling point, and an automatic lid-opening function for easy filling, this kettle does it all. An integrated outside water-level indicator window on both sides lets you know when it’s time to refill, and an anti-scale filter keeps your water fresh. 2-qt. capacity. 8½" x 7" x 9". 2-year limited warranty.
- One of the most stylish kettles we sell
- Unique stainless steel, high-gloss chrome and natural wood design suits any kitchen décor
- 1500 watts of power quickly brings water to a boil for tea, hot chocolate, soup and more
- 360° removable base for easy pouring and serving
- Illuminated on/off switch with automatic shut-off once water has reached boiling point
- Automatic lid-opening function for easy filling
- Integrated outside water-level indicator window on both sides lets you know when it’s time to refill
- Anti-scale filter keeps your water fresh
- Manufacturer: Krups
- Care: Hand wash
- Capacity: 2 qts.
- Dimensions: 8½" x 7" x 9"
- Material: Stainless steel, high-gloss chrome and wood. Handle is faux wood.
- Warranty: 2-year limited warranty
- Made in China
The story began in a forge in the town of Wald, near Solingen, in North Rhine-Westphalia. The owner, Josua Kortz, had several friends working for him, including his nephew, Robert Krups. The latter’s son, also called Robert, will turn the forge into an industrial company.
For nearly 110 years, the family business devoted itself exclusively to the manufacture of scales (needle scales and platform scales) under the brand name “Krups Ideal.” They distinguished themselves as makers of only top-quality appliances for private customers and the retail trade.
In 1956, Krups launched the first electric coffee grinders. As proof of the consumer’s appetite for these new appliances, Krups sold 1 million of these grinders in their first year of manufacture. The success of this venture forged a broader path for Krups, one on which they would prove to be trailblazers. Clearly the world was eager for exceptional and smart kitchen products that made life easier, and Krups would dedicate themselves to the business to providing smart and helpful solutions.
With the creation of their famous “3-Mix” mixer and the ONKO coffee makers, Krups products became synonymous with all things practical and ingenious. These revolutionary appliances and others that soon followed took Krups’ homeland, Germany, by storm and became the perfect symbol for the modern kitchen.
With the introduction of the electric motor, Krups became Germany’s pioneer in electrical household appliances. By making full use of their expertise in design and manufacturing, Krups created state-of-the-art devices that quickly became kitchen essentials.
Krups became a leader in the art of coffee machine technology from the moment they launched their first espresso machine. Responding to the public’s passion for coffee, Krups extended its range of machines, including steam machines, electronically programmable models and combination espresso/coffee machines.
More than 165 years later, Krups employs more than 3000 people globally and is one of the leading manufacturers of small kitchen appliances in the world.