Krups® Silver Art Espresso Machine
The 1,450-watt Thermoblock heating element provides the optimal temperature and pressure for perfect espresso extraction. A progressive tamping system ensures the precise density of coffee grounds for perfect extraction of flavors and aromas cup after cup. Easy push-button programming allows for controlled volume and automatic flow stop. The universal filter holder makes single or double shots using ground coffee beans or ready-measured ESE espresso pods. 2-year limited warranty. 11½" x 8" x 12½".
An E.S.E. pod, or Easy Serving Espresso Pod, is a single-serving paper pouch filled with premeasured finely ground coffee. E.S.E pods are produced by all the large roasters in Italy, as well as many other roasters around the world. E.S.E. pods are convenient, fast and easier to clean, with no measuring, no grinding, no mess—just a consistently delicious shot of espresso, every time.
- Elegant and programmable
- 15-bar pressure pump
- A modern mix of stainless steel, high-gloss chrome and wood colored accents for your countertop
- Simple-to-use machine makes café-quality espresso, cappuccino and latté in seconds
- Integrated steaming and frothing wand ensures foolproof frothing of milk every time
- 1,450-watt Thermoblock heating element provides the optimal temperature and pressure for perfect espresso extraction
- Progressive tamping system ensures the precise density of coffee grounds for perfect extraction of flavors and aromas cup after cup
- Easy push-button programming allows for controlled volume and automatic flow stop
- Universal filter holder makes single or double shots using ground coffee beans or ready-measured ESE espresso pods
- Manufacturer: Krups
- Care: Hand wash
- Dimensions: 11½" x 8" x 12½"
- Material: Stainless steel, high-gloss chrome and plastic
- Warranty: 2-year limited warranty
- Made in China
The story began in a forge in the town of Wald, near Solingen, in North Rhine-Westphalia. The owner, Josua Kortz, had several friends working for him, including his nephew, Robert Krups. The latter’s son, also called Robert, will turn the forge into an industrial company.
For nearly 110 years, the family business devoted itself exclusively to the manufacture of scales (needle scales and platform scales) under the brand name “Krups Ideal.” They distinguished themselves as makers of only top-quality appliances for private customers and the retail trade.
In 1956, Krups launched the first electric coffee grinders. As proof of the consumer’s appetite for these new appliances, Krups sold 1 million of these grinders in their first year of manufacture. The success of this venture forged a broader path for Krups, one on which they would prove to be trailblazers. Clearly the world was eager for exceptional and smart kitchen products that made life easier, and Krups would dedicate themselves to the business to providing smart and helpful solutions.
With the creation of their famous “3-Mix” mixer and the ONKO coffee makers, Krups products became synonymous with all things practical and ingenious. These revolutionary appliances and others that soon followed took Krups’ homeland, Germany, by storm and became the perfect symbol for the modern kitchen.
With the introduction of the electric motor, Krups became Germany’s pioneer in electrical household appliances. By making full use of their expertise in design and manufacturing, Krups created state-of-the-art devices that quickly became kitchen essentials.
Krups became a leader in the art of coffee machine technology from the moment they launched their first espresso machine. Responding to the public’s passion for coffee, Krups extended its range of machines, including steam machines, electronically programmable models and combination espresso/coffee machines.
More than 165 years later, Krups employs more than 3000 people globally and is one of the leading manufacturers of small kitchen appliances in the world.