Duralex Lys Clear Stackable Bowls, Set of 10
The collar on the rim allows the bowls to nest within each other to save cupboard space. Tempered-glass construction is suitable for hot and cold liquids and safe for the dishwasher, freezer and microwave. Set includes 1-oz., 2-oz., 4-oz., 7-oz., 10-oz., ½-qt., 1-qt., 1½-qt., 2½-qt. and 3½-qt. size bowls.
- Made of impact- and chip-resistant tempered glass
- Tempered glass is a type of safety glass processed by controlled thermal or chemical treatments to increase its strength compared with normal glass
- Tempering creates balanced internal stresses
- The glass, when broken, will crumble into small granular chunks instead of splintering into jagged shards
- Manufacturer: Duralex
- Material: Tempered glass
- Capacity: 1-oz., 2-oz., 4-oz., 7-oz., 10-oz., ½-qt., 1-qt., 1½-qt., 2½-qt. and 3½-qt. bowls
- Made in France
Care & Usage Show
- Dishwasher safe
She was right, I was wrong. These have been incredibly useful. I probably use them while preparing 2/3 of the meals we make at home.
They've held stir-fry vegetables before cooking, spices before adding to a dish, baking ingredients, eggs (beaten and unbeaten), and more.
We've even used the larger bowls as serving pieces.
There's just one thing that could make these better: More bowls, especially some of the smaller sizes. But the good news is you can buy them individually
Strong recommend, whether as a treat for yourself, or a gift for someone just starting out
I use these mostly for mise en place and melting small amounts in the microwave. They're just so handy! I'm keep coming up with new uses for them all the time.
Get rid of all those mismatched plastic dollar store bowls right now. Order these. You need them. You'll never know how much until you get them
Questions & Answers
Rather than use a double boiler I use bowls for making such things as pastry creme and hollandaise sauce. Will these bowls work?