Bob Kramer 12" Honing Steel by Zwilling J.A. Henckels®
If you frequently hone your knives, they will stay sharper (and safer to use) for longer. This honing steel is designed to maintain the edges of your Bob Kramer Carbon-Steel knives.
- Frequently honing your knives keeps them sharper (and safer to use) for longer
- This honing steel is designed to maintain the edges of your Bob Kramer Carbon-Steel knives
- Handcrafted to precise specifications in the “City of Blades,” the Japanese knife capital of Seki City
- Its reputation as the premier sword-making center began in the 13th century during the war-torn Kamakura Era
- Master swordsmith Motoshige escaped the fighting and moved to Seki City to be near the natural resources necessary to pursue his art
- Supremely comfortable in the hand
- Natural African blackwood handle is gently rounded to mirror the curve of the palm
- Triple-riveted for strength
- Seamlessly joined to the brass bolster
- Signature decorative center pins are handcrafted by Bob himself
- Dimensions: 12" l
- Material: Carbon steel
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
Care & Usage Show
- Hand wash
New Certified as a Master Bladesmith by the American Bladesmith Society, Bob Kramer is one of the only Master Bladesmiths in the world specializing in kitchen...See product page for full details »
New Keep your carbon steel blades in the same condition as the day you got them with this kit that includes the essentials for removing patina and protecting...See product page for full details »
This steel has two sides on it, a coarser ridged side and a smooth fine side. It brings back an incredibly sharp edge on a knife that is not too far gone. I use it all the time with my Kramer carbon knife, and by using it consistently I rarely have to put the knife on a stone.
Great steel...highly recommend for any cook
Questions & Answers
It seems that the honing steel has become less effective as the deposit has built up.