Wüsthof Silverpoint II 18-Piece Block Set
18-Piece Set Includes:
- 8" chef’s knife
- 3" clip-point paring knife
- 3" flat-cut paring knife
- 3" spearpoint paring knife
- 2¾" bird’s-beak peeling knife
- 4½" utility knife
- 5" serrated utility knife
- 8" bread knife
- 8" slicing knife
- Six 4½" steak knives
- 9" steel kitchen shears
- 17-slot block
- High-carbon stainless steel for a lasting edge that sharpens easily
- Extremely sharp blade edges are laser tested for consistent sharpness
- Remarkably durable blades are lightweight to reduce fatigue even with a lot of chopping
- Blades are stamped
- Unique compound angles taper from spine to edge and bolster to tip for superior strength, sharpness and flexibility
- Ergonomically shaped handles are slip-resistant and feature a pebble finish
- Set comes with an attractive hardwood block for storing and displaying
- Manufacturer: Wüsthof
- Material: High-carbon stainless steel
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in Germany
Care & Usage Show
- Hand wash
the block is a nice feature, but not all the knives fit in it properly. There is a slot for every knife, but some of the slots are way too big for the tiny paring knives
Here's some possible solutions for those having issues with the block.
Option 1 - Upgrade your kitchen with a Epicurean magnetic knife holder (a seriously well designed holder). I don't see it listed on the website but I think the store will help you get one.
Option 2 - You can make a new block... it's more than a one afternoon project but doable if you want a precision fit block.
Option 3 - I'd complain if the knives DIDN'T fit in the slots but that's not the case. Live with the loose fit. The knives are protected and it's a nice presentation of the set. Don't sweat the small stuff and go cook something spectacular
Questions & Answers
This process makes the knife more economical to produce and buy. They are not as strong or durable as fully forged knives but offer good quality and value for money.
Stamped knives are lighter. Due to the lack of density, the stamped knives don’t hold edges as well as the forged knives. Stamped knives are usually less expensive.
The Classic Knife is a forged knife. Forged knives are the best quality. They are made from a single block of steel and usually through hammer and are handmade. The blade and the tang, which attaches the blade to the handle, are all one piece. They are hand crafted through a process of extreme heat and hand molding. Each forged knife is carefully hand crafted with extreme detail. The tang of the knife merges into the handle and is typically secured by three rivets