Bob Kramer by Zwilling J.A. Henkels Knife Sharpening Kit
Although he is most widely recognized for his blades, Bob is also an expert on sharpening. In that spirit, he has collaborated with ZWILLING to create the Kramer by Zwilling sharpening collection. This assortment offers a sharpening and polishing option to fit every skill level, along with accessories to help maintain these critical tools for years to come.
In order to maximize the performance of any knife, it is very important that the edge be properly cared for. Retooling your knives’ edges by hand may seem daunting to a beginner, but with Kramer’s help many describe the experience as relaxing and gratifying. Keeping your blades sharp not only makes the cook’s most important tool easier to use, sharpening makes knives safer.
This premium collection is designed to meet Bob Kramer’s rigorous expectations for quality. Each piece in the collection plays an important role in ensuring the life of your blades:
• Sharpening Stone #400 grit for repairing or changing the edge
• Sharpening Stone #1000 grit for fine sharpening
• Sharpening Stone #5000 grit for extra fine finishing and polishing
• Adjustable Bamboo Whetstone Sink Bridge creates a sturdy workstation for sharpening
• Cleaning Stone to polish the water stones to return them to like-new condition
• Instructional DVD is the definitive guide on how to sharpen from Kramer himself, only available as part of the set
Set is not for use on ceramic knives.
- Certified as a Master Bladesmith by the American Bladesmith Society, Bob Kramer is one of the only Master Bladesmiths in the world specializing in kitchen cutlery
- Kramer has seen the knife from every angle—as a chef, a professional knife sharpener, and a Master Bladesmith
- Kramer has collaborated with Zwilling to create the Kramer by Zwilling sharpening collection
- This assortment offers a sharpening and polishing option to fit every skill level
- Maximize the performance of your knives
- Retooling your knives’ edges by hand may seem daunting to a beginner, but with Kramer’s help many describe the experience as relaxing and gratifying
- Material: Wood
- Made in Japan
Care & Usage Show
- Polish with Cleaning Stone
It was incredibly stable!
The base fits perfectly in any sink, and does not shift at all. You really can see the difference as you move through the different stones.
There is a very clear online video that will guide you through the entire process. We sharpened over 20 knives our first time out!
We were so impressed by the performance that we went back & purchased the ZWilling Care Kit for Carbon Knives as well as the Stropping Block.
This is a high quality sharpening kit that will sharpen your knives better than any commercial sharpener on the market
I come from a woodworking background, and am used to sharpening chisels and plane blades to be literally able to shave with them (that's how I knew they were fully sharp). Sharpening this way requires some feel and care, but the results will be superb when you become familiar.
I also got the strop, and sometime hope to get the finest sharpening stone as well.
1 year ago
over 2 years ago
2 months ago
Questions & Answers
will I be able to sharpen my pocket knifes and neck knives, hunting knives on your three stonesystem
Can you be specific about the stones? thanks
I ask this question because I do not want to spend the money on the kit just in case they cannot work with these knives, and I also do not want to run the risk of destroying the knives without asking the question
We just purchased a Shun knife and plan on keeping it for as long as we can. We are also vegetarians and cook only once or twice a week. How often would you recommend sharpening and which grits?