Scanpan® Pro IQ Nonstick Skillet, 8"
PATENTED NONSTICK CONSTRUCTION
Unlike most nonstick cookware, which relies on a coating, Green Tek™ nonstick cooking surface is created by firing a ceramic-titanium compound into the pan at 36,000°F. The ceramic-titanium particles briefly liquefy and permanently anchor themselves to the pan. A specially formulated nonstick compound is then embedded in the surface, ensuring a lifetime of use without peeling or interacting with food.
SUPERIOR DESIGN FOR EXPERT RESULTS
The industry-leading, squeeze-cast cookware features a 100% recycled aluminum body and a thick base that guarantees quick and even heat distribution and no hot spots. Skillet is guaranteed not to blister or peel. Elegant and ergonomic polished handle is riveted to the skillet so it won’t come loose. Oven safe to 500°F. Lifetime warranty. Dishwasher safe. Made in Denmark.
Try our chef’s recipe for Caramelized Scallops with Thyme and Lemon. Click for instructions »
- Care: Dishwasher safe
- Material: Aluminum and nonstick
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Scanpan is the first producer of nonstick cookware certified to be PFOA free
- Safe for your family and the environment
- Pro IQ line is suitable for all cooking surfaces including induction
- Patented ceramic titanium surface is safe for use with metal utensils
- Allows for browning, braising, searing and deglazing—things you can’t do with traditional nonstick
- Requires little to no fat for cooking, so you can enjoy healthier meals
- Patented Green Tek nonstick construction
- Ensures a lifetime of use without peeling or interacting with food
- Squeeze-cast cookware
- 100% recycled aluminum body
- Thick base
- Guarantees quick and even heat distribution and no hot spots
- Guaranteed not to blister or peel
- Sturdy, ergonomic handle is riveted to pan and will not come loose
- Elegant polished handle
- Oven safe to 500°F
- Made in Denmark
Glass lid allows you to monitor food as it cooks without releasing steam and moisture. Durable stainless-steel rim prevents cracks and chips. Bakelite knob...See product page for full details »
Someone else commented that it wasn't good for an induction cook-top, but for me it works great on mine
1 year ago
1 year ago
Time will tell if the finish holds up for a very long time.
I bought it to replace a cheapie cuisinart non-stick pan that I bought at a big box and beyond store for like 19$. That thing worked very much like this scanpan does for about 3 years. Then the non-stick finish got gummy so I decided to replace it.
This pan I find to be pretty much the same, except worse, because part of the handle closest to the pan gets really hot which shocked me. That is not a feature I am looking for in a high end frying pan.
If the non-stick does last for life/more than 5 years as they claim, then I will see the value in this pan. So I'll have to wait and see to make a final judgement call
Questions & Answers
Is there a difference between the Scanpan pro and classic?