Glazed Terra Cotta Tagines
Safe for stovetop or oven up to 400°F, this ceramic cookware doubles as a beautiful serving dish—care should be taken to protect your table as the base will be very hot. Seasoning before use is recommended as it will remove any earthenware taste and strengthen your tagine.
- Manufacturer: Sur La Table®
- Material: Terra cotta
- Dimensions: 8½" or 13" diameter
- Use: Safe for stovetop or oven up to 400°F
- Care: Hand wash only. For best results, season before use:
- Submerge tagine in water for at least 1 hour
- Rub the inside of the base and lid with olive oil
- Put in a cold oven and set temperature to 300°F and leave for 2 hours
- Remove from oven and leave to cool
- When completely cool, wash in warm soapy water and dry with a clean cloth.Your tagine is now ready to use
- Made in Portugal, exclusively for Sur La Table
- Makes it easy to create delicious Moroccan meals at home
- Low, indirect heat slowly simmers food, resulting in rich, complex flavors
- Transforms tough cuts of meats into exceptionally tender dishes
- Conical-shaped lid preserves moisture and enhances circulation, infusing food with spices and flavors
A destination for iconic chefs such as Julia Child, Jacques Pepin, Martha Stewart and Mario Batali, Sur La Table entices aficionados and curious beginners alike with its amazing selection of cookware and tools.
With a successful catalog, website, culinary program and stores coast to coast, Sur La Table continues to share its passion for the traditions and tastes of the world with people who love to cook and entertain.