Shun Classic Chef’s Knives
With its curved belly, this chef’s knife can be gently rocked through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince. Plus, a thinner blade makes it lighter and less tiring to use than comparable European-style chef’s knives.
Shun Classic’s tasteful and contemporary design features a beautiful Damascus-clad blade and D-shaped ebony pakkawood handle. Behind the knife’s beauty is function: a razor-sharp blade offering precision performance.
Shun’s VG-MAX steel core—known for its incredible edge retention—is clad with Damascus stainless steel, then bead-blasted, revealing the woodgrain pattern of the steel that allows the blade to slide easily through food. The result is a knife that’s sharp, durable and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens. 8" or 10" blade. Dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended. Limited lifetime warranty. Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan.
Free sharpening on all Shun cutlery for as long as you own it. Click for details
METICULOUSLY CRAFTED Each Shun Classic knife is constructed using the kasumi method, a traditional Japanese process used to create samurai swords. Sixteen layers of SUS410 high-carbon stainless steel are pounded to 3/1000ths of an inch, then clad on each side of the VG-MAX core. This 32-layer forged construction gives the blade strength, stain resistance, incredible cutting performance and an elegant Damascus pattern unique to each knife.
RAZOR-SHARP BLADE With a cutting edge ground to a 16° angle on each side, this is one of the sharpest knives you’ll ever find. Plus, the exotic Japanese steels used in the cutting core ensure that blade holds its ultra-sharp edge without the need for excessive re-sharpening.
USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN Comfortable D-shaped handle and perfectly balanced blade offer precise control and reduce fatigue during long, repetitive cutting tasks. Handle is made of moisture-resistant pakkawood—a fused blend of hardwood veneers and phenolic resin.
TACKLES EVERYDAY KITCHEN TASKS WITH EASE This powerful kitchen multi-tasker is perfect for slicing, dicing, and chopping large quantities of fruits, vegetables, meats, and more. The wide blade keeps knuckles off the cutting board and is extra handy when transferring cut food from board to pan.
- Manufacturer: KAI USA Ltd.
- Care: Dishwasher safe, but hand wash recommended
- Dimensions: 8" or 10" blade
- Material: Forged 32-layer steel blade, pakkawood handle
- Model: 8": #DMO706; 10": #DMO707
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan
- Originating in Seki City, Japan’s historical center for manufacturing samurai swords, Shun knives are heirs to a 7-century tradition of superior workmanship
- Shun Classic’s tasteful and contemporary design features beautiful Damascus-clad blades and D-shaped ebony pakkawood handles
- The 32-layer forged construction gives the blade strength, stain resistance and incredible cutting performance
- Cutting edge is ground to a 16° angle on each side, ensuring razor sharpness
- Perfectly balanced blade offers precise control
- NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens
Incredibly sharp edges, partnered with a stunning aesthetic, set Shun knives apart from every other kitchen knife on the market today. In the tradition of Seki’s sword smiths, every knife is hand made by highly skilled specialists and requires at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete.
Every day, the legacy of ancient sword smiths serves as an inspiration to KAI’s artisans. This tradition of excellence, combined with the newest technology and advanced materials, makes every Shun knife a functional work of art.
- Spend $500 on Shun cutlery and receive a $50 Sur La Table gift card by mail.