Shun Classic Bread Knife, 9"
Shun Classic’s tasteful and contemporary design features a beautiful Damascus–clad blade and D–shaped ebony PakkaWood® handle. Behind the knife’s beauty is function: a razor–sharp blade offering precision performance.
Shun’s VG10 steel core–known for its incredible edge retention–is clad with Damascus stainless steel, then bead–blasted, revealing the woodgrain pattern of the steel that allows the blade to slide easily through food. The result is a knife that’s sharp, durable, and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
NSF–certified knife meets the high–level safety standards for professional kitchens. 9" blade. Dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended. Limited lifetime warranty. Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan.
Free Sharpening on all Shun Cutlery for as long as you own it. Click for details
VG10 "SUPER STEEL" CORE The higher density of VG10 steel allows it to be tempered to a Rockwell hardness of 61 and still have the flexibility and strength to take and keep a perfect edge. VG10’s natural tendency is to remain straight and true. When blade is used, the edge automatically straightens out and stays sharp longer.
METICULOUSLY CRAFTED Each Shun Classic knife is constructed using the Kasumi method, a traditional Japanese process used to create Samurai swords. 16 layers of SUS410 high–carbon stainless steel are pounded to 3/1000ths of an inch, then clad on each side of the VG10 core. This 32–layer forged construction gives the blade strength, stain resistance, incredible cutting performance, and an elegant Damascus pattern unique to each knife.
RAZOR–SHARP BLADE With a cutting edge ground to a 16° angle on each side, this is one of the sharpest knives you’ll ever find. Plus, the exotic Japanese steels used in the cutting core ensure that blade holds its ultra–sharp edge without the need for excessive re–sharpening.
USER–FRIENDLY DESIGN Comfortable D–shaped handle and perfectly balanced blade offer precise control and reduce fatigue during long, repetitive cutting tasks. Handle is made of moisture–resistant PakkaWood®–a fused blend of hardwood veneers and phenolic resin.
PERFECT SLICES EVERY TIME Whether your bread is delicately tender or wonderfully crusty, the Shun Classic bread knife, with its wide, low–frequency serrations, is up to the task. Gently saw back and forth to cut perfect slices with no unsightly rips or tears.
- Manufacturer: KAI USA Ltd.
- Care: Dishwasher safe, but hand wash recommended
- Dimensions: 9" blade
- Material: Forged 32–layer steel blade, PakkaWood handle
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan
- Originating in Seki City, Japan’s historical center for manufacturing samurai swords, Shun knives are heirs to a seven–century tradition of superior workmanship
- Shun Classic’s tasteful and contemporary design features beautiful Damascus–clad blades and D–shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles
- 32–layer forged construction gives the blade strength, stain resistance, and incredible cutting performance
- Cutting edge is ground to a 16° angle on each side, ensuring razor sharpness
- Perfectly balanced blade offers precise control
- NSF–certified knife meets the high–level safety standards for professional kitchens
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan
Incredibly sharp edges, partnered with a stunning aesthetic, set Shun knives apart from every other kitchen knife on the market today. In the tradition of Seki’s sword smiths, every knife is hand made by highly skilled specialists and requires at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete.
Every day, the legacy of ancient sword smiths serves as an inspiration to KAI’s artisans. This tradition of excellence, combined with the newest technology and advanced materials, makes every Shun knife a functional work of art.
- Spend $500 on Shun cutlery and receive a $50 Sur La Table gift card by mail.