Miyabi Kaizen II Chef’s Knife
A new classic from Seki City, Japan.
Forged from a core of FC61 steel surrounded by 48 layers of stainless steel Damascus, Miyabi Kaizen II knives perform as good as they look. Sharpened using the traditional four-step Honbazuke technique, each knife is a hand-sharpened work of art.
- Crafted to be the go-to knife in any chef’s collection, this versatile chef’s knife is perfect for almost any cutting task—from dicing onions and tomatoes to carving roasted meats, breaking down poultry and more
- Expert artistry and groundbreaking technology meet in each handcrafted knife
- Core of advanced FC61 super steel features fine carbide distribution, for a Rockwell hardness of 61 and excellent edge strength and retention
- Fine carbide distribution results in a blade that holds an incredibly sharp angle, yet remains remarkably durable—with no risk of chipping during normal use
- Each blade is hand-honed to a blisteringly sharp 9.5 to 12 degrees (because each blade is sharpened by hand, exact angle may vary slightly)
- 49 layers of stainless steel Damascus provide added strength and protection as well as beauty
- Double Friodur hardening improves the microstructure of the steel for improved cutting performance, corrosion resistance and astonishing durability
- Larger, redesigned bolster perfectly balances the blade for additional comfort while cutting
- D-shaped pakkawood handles rest easily in the hand for a secure, comfortable grip
- Decorative red spacer and a mosaic pin add an elegant touch
- The Miyabi factory operates on a small scale with a high level of hand craftsmanship and industry-leading technical innovation
- 150 skilled artisans work to produce each heirloom-quality knife using the best materials available and requiring up to 151 rigorous production steps
- Crafted in Seki City, Japan, a city with a legendary tradition of bladesmithing dating back to the 13th century
- Manufacturer: Miyabi
- Material: High-carbon stainless steel, pakkawood
- 6" blade, 12" overall length, 1.5" wide
- 8" blade, 13" overall length, 1.9" wide
- 9.5" blade, 15" overall length, 2" wide
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in Seki City, Japan exclusively for Sur La Table
Care & Usage Show
- Hand wash only
What's In the box? Show
- Chef’s knife (sold individually)
New Designed to exacting standards and only available at Sur La Table, Kaizen II improves upon Miyabi’s popular Kaizen collection with the addition of...See product page for full details »
1 year ago
1 year ago
10 months ago
I've never had a knife that didn't completely destroy soft produce before. This one is a first.
Tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries, peaches...everything slices like melted butter with this thing.
I received the 8". I may have go back for the 10" one as well.
9 months ago
8 months ago
7 months ago
4 months ago
Questions & Answers
& looks really cool. Cuts well.