Shun Classic 3-Piece Set
Shun Classic’s tasteful and contemporary design features beautiful Damascus-clad blades and D-shaped ebony pakkawood handles. Behind each knife’s beauty is function: a razor-sharp blade offering precision performance.
Shun’s VG10 steel core—known for its incredible edge retention—is clad with Damascus stainless steel, then bead-blasted, revealing the woodgrain pattern of the steel, which allows the blade to slide easily through food. The result is knives that are sharp, durable, and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
NSF-certified knives meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens. Dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended. Limited lifetime warranty. Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan.
CLASSIC 3-PIECE SET INCLUDES:
3½" PARING KNIFE
Ideal for peeling, coring, trimming, decorating, and other detail work. Generally, you’ll use this knife in your hand rather than against a cutting board, though paring knives can also be used for chopping small foods, such as garlic cloves.
6" UTILITY KNIFE
Great for a multitude of small tasks where more precise cuts are needed, such as trimming broccoli, green beans, or other smaller vegetables. The utility knife is sometimes called a sandwich knife because it works well on almost everything that goes into a sandwich—from thin-skinned vegetables such as tomatoes, to meats and cheeses.
8" CHEF’S KNIFE
This powerful kitchen multi-tasker is perfect for slicing, dicing, and chopping large quantities of fruits, vegetables, meats, and more. The wide blade keeps knuckles off the cutting board and is extra handy when transferring cut food from board to pan.
Free sharpening on all Shun cutlery for as long as you own it. Click for details
METICULOUSLY CRAFTED Each Shun Classic knife is constructed using the kasumi method, a traditional Japanese process used to create samurai swords. Sixteen layers of SUS410 high-carbon stainless steel are pounded to 3/1000ths of an inch, then clad on each side of the VG10 core. This 32-layer forged construction gives the blade strength, stain resistance, incredible cutting performance, and an elegant Damascus pattern unique to each knife.
RAZOR-SHARP BLADE With a cutting edge ground to a 16° angle on each side, this is one of the sharpest knives you’ll ever find. Plus, the exotic Japanese steels used in the cutting core ensure the blade holds its ultra-sharp edge without the need for excessive re-sharpening.
USER–FRIENDLY DESIGN Comfortable D-shaped handle and perfectly balanced blade offer precise control and reduce fatigue during long, repetitive cutting tasks. Handle is made of moisture-resistant pakkawood—a fused blend of hardwood veneers and phenolic resin.
A GREAT VALUE ON 3 EXCEPTIONAL KNIVES A generous gift for an avid cook, this Shun Classic 3-piece set is perfect for both novices and seasoned gourmets. You’ll find the core knives that every kitchen needs—3½" paring, 6" utility, and 8" chef’s—presented in a beautiful storage box.
- Manufacturer: KAI USA Ltd.
- Includes: 3½" paring knife, 6" utility knife, 8" chef’s knife, and presentation/storage box
- Care: Dishwasher safe, but hand wash recommended
- Material: Forged 32-layer steel blade, pakkawood handle
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Originating in Seki City, Japan’s historical center for manufacturing samurai swords, Shun knives are heirs to a seven-century tradition of superior workmanship
- Shun Classic’s tasteful and contemporary design features beautiful Damascus-clad blades and D-shaped ebony pakkawood handles
- 32-layer forged construction gives the blade strength, stain resistance, and incredible cutting performance
- Cutting edge is ground to a 16° angle on each side, ensuring razor sharpness
- Perfectly balanced blade offers precise control
- NSF-certified knife meets the high-evel safety standards for professional kitchens
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan
Incredibly sharp edges, partnered with a stunning aesthetic, set Shun knives apart from every other kitchen knife on the market today. In the tradition of Seki’s sword smiths, every knife is hand made by highly skilled specialists and requires at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete.
Every day, the legacy of ancient sword smiths serves as an inspiration to KAI’s artisans. This tradition of excellence, combined with the newest technology and advanced materials, makes every Shun knife a functional work of art.
- Spend $500 on Shun cutlery and receive a $50 Sur La Table gift card by mail.