Roasted hazelnut oil is a well-kept secret of many top chefs. Using a centuries-old tradition, the hazelnuts are ground and roasted in cast-iron kettles and made into a warm paste, then pressed, lightly filtered and bottled. Great in salads, hazelnut oil combines very well with lemon juice or vinegar to produce a light but flavorful vinaigrette. With pasta, potatoes and beans, hazelnut oil serves as a wonderful substitute for butter, or use it with fish, cheese or carpaccio.
While hazelnut oil is a delicious product for your culinary needs, it also contains a high oleic-acid content. Perfect for sautéing, baking, dipping, blending into sauces, or drizzling on a finished dish.
- Manufacturer: La Tourangelle, Inc.
- Weight: 16.9 oz.
- Ingredients: Hazelnut oil
- Produced using a centuries-old tradition.
- Combine with lemon juice or vinegar to make vinaigrette.
- Use as a butter substitute with pastas, potatoes and beans.
- Contains a high oleic-acid content.
- Great for sautéing, baking, dipping, blending into sauce, or drizzling on a finished dish.
La Tourangelle is one of just a handful of remaining mills that uses the time-honored French tradition of producing gourmet oils by roasting and extracting the oil from nuts gathered by local farmers. Through a partnership between one of the oldest and most respected French artisanal oil mills, Les Huileries de la Croix Verte et la Tourangelle, and California Oils Corporation, La Tourangelle has succeeded in re-creating the spirit of a traditional French oil mill in America. Located in Woodland, California, La Tourangelle produces and distributes an exclusive line of handcrafted premium quality oils, supplying high-quality product at a reasonable price.