- First, wash your new pan using hot, soapy water.
- Season your cast iron pan before using by coating with vegetable oil (peanut, grapeseed or canola) over the inside surface up to the rim.
- Bake oiled pan in the oven for approximately one hour at 350°F/175°C. Remove from oven and let cool. Wipe off excess oil. Pan is ready to use.
- To clean use very hot water and a scrubbing brush, then dry. If you use soap you will need to re-season the pan after washing it.
- To store spread a light coating of oil on inside surface of pan.
Cast Iron Care:
Questions & Answers