GreenPan Healthy Ceramic Nonstick Saucepan, 2 qt.
The original makers of ceramic nonstick, GreenPan has partnered with Sur La Table to create a line of exceptional nonstick cookware packed with cook-friendly details and designed for everyday use. GreenPan Healthy Ceramic Nonstick cookware features a dishwasher-safe coating that’s completely free of toxic chemicals or persistent pollutants and is precisely engineered to deliver impeccable results. GreenPan for Sur La Table Healthy Ceramic Nonstick is only available at Sur La Table.
- Thermolon™ Marathon ceramic coating is safe and non-toxic. It is completely free of PFOA and persistent pollutants as well as lead or cadmium, and will not blister or peel, even when heated to temperatures of up to 600°F
- The most advanced ceramic nonstick on the market, Thermolon™ Marathon pairs durability, stain- and scratch-resistance with the ultimate in nonstick performance
- Unlike traditional nonstick, GreenPan’s ceramic nonstick coating is dishwasher safe
- Optimized for efficient cooking, with an extra-thick forged base for rapid, even heat distribution and slimmer sides for decreased weight and maneuverability
- Brushed stainless steel handle is riveted for extra strength and is designed to provide maximum comfort and control while cooking
- Constructed from upcycled stainless steel and aluminum
- Tempered glass lid is oven safe to 390°F and is designed to lie flat when inverted for mess-free countertops
- Manufacturer: GreenPan
- Material: Aluminum, stainless steel, ceramic nonstick
- Dimensions: 13" x 7.5" x 3.5" (7.5" diameter cooking surface)
- Capacity: 2 qt.
- Weight: 1 lb., 6 oz.
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty on pan. Two-year warranty on Thermolon nonstick
- Made in China
Care & Usage Show
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe to 600°F. Broiler safe. Not for use with metal utensils
New Ideal for low-oil cooking, GreenPan’s Healthy Ceramic Nonstick skillets are the perfect pans for health-conscious cooks. With an eco-friendly nonstick ...See product page for full details »
Ideal for low-oil cooking, GreenPan’s Healthy Ceramic Nonstick sauté pan is the perfect pan for health-conscious cooks. With an eco-friendly...See product page for full details »
Questions & Answers
So to make a long question short:
"How long is this new GreenPan Thermolon™ Marathon surface expected to remain non-stick in regular use?"
While there are no nonstick coatings that will last forever, taking extra care with your cookware can extend its life substantially. That being said, here are a few tips to make your coating last even longer.
-Don’t use your pans on high heat on the stovetop. Their anodized aluminum exterior makes them highly efficient, so nothing above medium heat is necessary & could compromise the coating’s integrity.
-Avoid any sort of aerosol cooking sprays on the surface. Overtime these sprays carbonize & form a layer of buildup on the pan, causing food to stick.
-Use of any metal utensils in your pan is not recommended, as scratches on the coating can occur. Additionally, take care when storing them while not in use. Pan protectors are a great way to avoid damaging your cookware when stacked for storage.
-Be sure to allow your cookware to cool completely before washing.
-Although you can cook without any sort of oil or fat, it is suggested that you cook with some, even if the amount is minimal.
Now, if for some reason you do find that the nonstick properties begin to diminish, a quick clean up with a Magic Eraser should will help.