Shun Classic Angled Paring Knife, 4&34;
- Clad Construction
The wavy pattern on our blades is called a Damascus look; what gives it that pattern are 16 layers of SUS410 High Carbon Stainless Steel pounded to 3/1000th of an inch and then "clad" on each side of the VG10 core. This combination of materials gives the blade strength, stain resistance, and incredible cutting performance.
- The Cutting Edge
Shun's cutting edge is ground to an angle of 16 degrees making them extremely sharp; compare this to the best German knives which are only ground to only 22 degrees. The exotic Japanese steels used in the cutting core of our knives allow them to hold these razor sharp edges without the need for excessive re-sharpening.
- VG10 "Super Steel"
VG10 is a new type of stainless steel that has a higher density. This allows the steel to be tempered to a Rockwell hardness of 61, and still have the flexibility and strength to take and keep a perfect edge. VG10's natural tendency is to remain straight and true, so when it is used, the edge of the blade naturally straightens out and stays sharper longer.
- Kasumi Method
This is the traditional Japanese style of knife making where you take an extremely hard carbon steel used for the edge, then clad on each side a protective layer of stainless steel like our Shun Classic line. This is actually the process of how samurai swords are made.
- Manufacturer: KAI USA Ltd.
- Care: Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
- Dimensions: 4"
- Material: Steel, pakkawood
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Model: #DM0725
- Made in Japan
- VG-10 stainless steel is clad with 16 layers of SUS410 high-carbon steel on each side, producing a 33-layer rust-free Damascus look
- VG-10 super steel is composed of carbon, chromium, cobalt, manganese, molybdenum, silicon, and vanadium
- Shun Classics feature ebony PakkaWood® handles specifically designed for premium applications. The handles provide the beauty of genuine wood, butbecause the wood is impregnated with a waterproof resinthe handles are as durable as plastic and dishwasher safe, too.
- Stainless-steel bolsters and end caps
- The Damascus-look blade profile reduces sticking and results in less damage to the food being cut and faster prep times
- The D shape rests precisely in the curve of the fingers as they curl around the handle.
New A generous gift for an avid cook, this Shun Classic 10-piece block set is perfect for both novices and seasoned gourmets. It features the essential knives...See product page for full details »
A generous gift for an avid cook, this Shun Classic 7-piece block set is perfect for both novices and seasoned gourmets. It features the essential knives...See product page for full details »